Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Parking vs development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranked Up

RankedUp.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been buying domains, expired and some fresh reg (ones I've liked).
I've been parking them and moving them around to find the best parking revenue for them.

Trouble is, I'm doing this for money. I want money, the more the better. I'm not being greedy, I just want to pay the bills.

The parking is ok, but not great. and I've sold a few while parked on sedo.
SO... I'm thinking about developing some of them and sticking adsense on there instead.

The expired domains have links, not type-in so the links are going to die away.

I'm not great at developing. I've done some. I ran an email service provider off my own back for a while until it got taken out by spammers/hackers/dos attacks and that was when I discovered parking.

Basically, I want to know if it will be worth my while developing the domains into sites to either sell of increase the revenue. My thought is to set up information type sites that don't require constant updating and hence time and work.

What tools should I use?
Should I shell out for a reseller package to host the sites?
Is so where and how much?
Or should I stick with parking?

Excuse the ramble...

Thanks in advance,

bonnag

Domain Days 2024

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In my theory developed sites will always make more money because there is unlmited monetization opportunities.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's no way a developed site will make less than a parked site if done right. Some parked domains do well, but they need to have backlinks or a lot of typins. Even if they do, just think of if you could have all these people coming back again and again instead of remembering that it was a parking page, and avoiding it.

Developing wins in the end, but costs more upfront, or takes more time, depending on how much you do on your own. :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had some pretty good success stories developing website for domainers who are in the situation bonnag described above. Remember that developed websites also usually bring extra traffic from search engines, so if you have the funds to invest in development this is usually a good idea.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

DNPlan

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bonnag said:
I've been parking them and moving them around to find the best parking revenue for them.

Trouble is, I'm doing this for money. I want money, the more the better. I'm not being greedy, I just want to pay the bills.

The parking is ok, but not great. and I've sold a few while parked on sedo.
SO... I'm thinking about developing some of them and sticking adsense on there instead.

The expired domains have links, not type-in so the links are going to die away.

I'm not great at developing. I've done some.

Basically, I want to know if it will be worth my while developing the domains into sites to either sell of increase the revenue. My thought is to set up information type sites that don't require constant updating and hence time and work.

What tools should I use?
Should I shell out for a reseller package to host the sites?
Is so where and how much?
Or should I stick with parking?
Well ... I personally only look at it from the development perspective ... I think every website is worth $300, $3,000, with a shot at $30,000 ...

BUT ... an absolute MUST READ is Adam Dicker's blog right here on DNForum ....

http://www.dnforum.com/blogs/?u=dotcomgod

Definately an outstanding case for parking ...

Greg

Ranked Up

RankedUp.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry I've not been back I've had a problem with my router.

Thanks for the comments everybody, it seems pretty clear to me that I've got to develop the sites! The question is HOW?

What tools should I use?
Should I use templates? If so where from?
Should I get someone else to do it for me? (Open to PM's on that topic)
What about hosting? Reseller package? Where from?

All comments welcome.

Thanks,

bonnag

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom