Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Parking vs. Mini-content

Status
Not open for further replies.

drknuth

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have about 100 websites (the recent one pushed to auction excluded) that are parked at Sedo and make a sum total of $1 a year. Most of them have ads that have nothing to do with the domain name or keywords.

Why don't these parking companies allow you to put in a little content... so that its somewhere between just a parked ad page and a mini-site.

I'd go the mini-site route, but given the fact that I have two fully developed websites that have a sum total of 4000 visits a month and make only $100 a year on google ads and $100 a year on amazon ads. So I don't see how this could really be viable either?

Thoughts?
Advice?

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you have crappy domains or maybe you are not developing them very well, its hard to say without knowing more. At the end of the day you have to be honest with your portfolio and your skills. If both or either of them are lacking then get rid of the trash or outsource to providers who know what they are doing. If you are not doing that well then you are hardly treating it like a business. I will say though I think its a bad strategic move to add content to a parked domain, why waste the effort when you could spend it on pure development.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will say though I think its a bad strategic move to add content to a parked domain, why waste the effort when you could spend it on pure development.
Exactly. It doesn't make sense to try ranking a parked domain, because search engines will actively keep parked domains at the bottom of their index. Ditto for spammy minisites/MFA. They don't want poor websites climbing up their index.

maxmn

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It depend on the quality of domain. I see that with some premium domains
Even you don't need to develop them, the profit is still satisfied for you ! It's great

If you don't have good domain, I think you should develop them (mini content + adsense ...)

Dopa.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depend on the quality of domain. I see that with some premium domains
Even you don't need to develop them, the profit is still satisfied for you ! It's great

If you don't have good domain, I think you should develop them (mini content + adsense ...)
Exactly agree!

Mephian

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to directly develop them, you should maybe try services like whypark or noomle. The you get at least some traffic, but CTR will probably drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom