Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ParkItNow.com - scam is suspected

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenlake

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I parked domains on this ppc company for 2 weeks to try it out, earned approx. $70 but never heard back from owner Carlo who is a member (parkitnow) on this forum. Heard from other people with same experience.Carlo was very nice ahen approaching people, solociting them to join. But once you sign up and earn money, you'd probably not hear back from him. He would not answer my emails, neither would he reply to PMs sent to him.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems you are not the first person to raise complaints. See here

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got paid.. was just the lack of communication which had worried me since it was the first months payment etc..

I would recommend them ;)

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Congratulation !:clap2:

I got paid.. was just the lack of communication which had worried me since it was the first months payment etc..

I would recommend them ;)

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well since my thread was referenced above i thought i should let anybody who reads this know that i did in fact get paid what i was owed.

Hope you sort out your problems with them.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I updated the other thread a minute or so ago.

Basically, just make sure you have the proper Tax ID info in your account and all is good. See the other thread for more info (and don't forget to check the "news" at ParkItNow.com which has had the tax info mentioned 4 or 5 times in the last couple of months).

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a note: Payments for Aug net 15 days were sent out yesterday. July net 45 day payments (Skenzo/KlickerZ) will be sent out around the 13th to 15th as soon as we receive the payment from them.

asang1

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a note: Payments for Aug net 15 days were sent out yesterday. July net 45 day payments (Skenzo/KlickerZ) will be sent out around the 13th to 15th as soon as we receive the payment from them.

not got the payment.....what's wrong?

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Carlo ,
It is kind to see that you paying your US affiliates . But please note that the Tax ID is various for many country . For US , individual tax ID is clear but for many country , it is not ! My Government doesnt supply Tax ID , they only give me identify ID . Regular in my country , only one who have a stable income have to pay for the tax , I am student so I cant have a my own tax infos , and besides , my gov always automatic caculate and debit the tax for workers . Only Merchant and business man in my country have their own tax ID .
So , better if you supply a W8 form for international affiliates like parked.com did , it is more convenient for us .
Please check my PM and reply me , I am happy to provide you all infos in my ability .
Regards.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just so you know, it's not a US TAX ID that we are asking for. The "help" for the tax id field does explain this. We are SIMPLY asking for YOUR OWN COUNTRIES tax ID.

We can't make any payments without this info. If you don't have a personal ID because of income I'm not sure what to do. Perhaps you could ask an accountant or tax advisor or someone similar in your country. Perhaps you could use the tax id of one of your parents?

For you it's probably a mute point for tax purposes BUT for us it does make a difference. If we don't have the information then we get taxed on the income. The alternative is that we could make the payment to you but with-hold the "taxed" portion and I don't really want to do this.

Note for everyone, always make sure to check the "News" section (top left) in the reports menu. The Tax ID issue has been mentioned here over and over again for the past few months.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh and the July net 45 day payments were sent out yesterday (15th) for all Skenzo/KlickerZ earnings.

Carlo

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just so you know, it's not a US TAX ID that we are asking for. The "help" for the tax id field does explain this. We are SIMPLY asking for YOUR OWN COUNTRIES tax ID.

We can't make any payments without this info. If you don't have a personal ID because of income I'm not sure what to do. Perhaps you could ask an accountant or tax advisor or someone similar in your country. Perhaps you could use the tax id of one of your parents?

For you it's probably a mute point for tax purposes BUT for us it does make a difference. If we don't have the information then we get taxed on the income. The alternative is that we could make the payment to you but with-hold the "taxed" portion and I don't really want to do this.

Note for everyone, always make sure to check the "News" section (top left) in the reports menu. The Tax ID issue has been mentioned here over and over again for the past few months.

Well , the Tax ID here is only for people with a stable income . Besides , why dont you require your international affiliates a W-8 form ? Much more easier and easy-to-complete . Just PMed you , please reply me back soon .

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually our accountant does want us to get W8 or W9 sheets filled out for all customers. This would be the safest bet all around for us. However, we are trying to keep this as simple as possible for our clients while still technically having the information required by the US IRS.

I'm not sure what can/could be easier then filling in ONE FIELD on a webpage???

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not got the payment.....what's wrong?

As you know from PM here and the message system on ParkItNow.com there was a traffic/quality issue on the domains. This was confirmed today much to my dismay.

To "slightly" elaborate on this a question on the traffic was brought to my attention by multiple providers and banned from one. One of the providers withheld payment on the domains until an explanation was provider. I asked for this back in June and the message was read but never answered. The account was "flagged" for payment until approved or rejected by the provider.

This is the first and only time I've ever been asked for an explanation of the traffic on domains. Normally as most people know the account is just terminated.

So after looking at this situation the last couple of days it became quite clear that the traffic is bogus and "manufactured". DNS servers on the domains aren't even pointing to ParkItNow.com, but to another provider. Even though NO legit traffic could be coming to my system the logs show tons of "traffic" still coming in??? NOT

What is annoying is that I myself made a mistake and paid several hundred dollars to this person last month even though the account was flagged and I hadn't been paid for the traffic. So not only did I get "scammed" but I cost myself almost $500 out of pocket. That's what I get for rushing to get the payments out right before leaving (hours) for a vacation. :(

So I find it pretty cute that a person joins a "scam is suspected" thread when in fact the "shoe is on the other foot"!

This is the kind of crap that gives the PPC industry a bad name and drives down click prices for everyone else.

PS I would not normally post this type of info in a forum but If I'm being critized publically then it's only fair to be able to tell "the whole story".

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To make it clear - I am NOT a customer of Park It Now and I am not U.S. resident. An issue of a TAX ID is an interesting one, and that is why I am posting. I am not sure if I would ever apply to ParkItNow because of this, and FYI I pay all taxes I owe to my government. As I receive payments from various U.S.-based businesses, I investigated this issue and obtained legal advice both from my local lawyers/accountants and U.S.-based one.
The first and the main thing, providing foreign TAX ID to U.S.-based business is something was never mentioned by any of my sources and as such it is a completely new thing. Obviously, not all countries do issue TAX IDs.
I would appreciate if Carlo could post a link to for example U.S. tax code chapter or any other legal U.S. law source confirming that it is necessary to demand foreign TAX ID.
Another thing is W8 non-resident tax form. The first practical purpose of this form is quite simple. If there is a Tax Treaty agreement between U.S. and the foreign country - the income receiver may claim some of the benefits provided in mentioned agreement; For example, sometimes the income receiver (Beneficial owner) may elect to pay the tax in U.S and not to pay it in its home country, or vice versa. Everything depends on the country-country agreement though. And, not all countries signed such an agreements with U.S.
There is a more useful way to use this form though, and this way directly applies to U.S.-based business --> Foreign affiliate business model.
If the income receiver (Beneficiary) provided the services to U.S.-based business being OUTSIDE the United States - THIS PERSON IS NOT A SUBJECT OF U.S. TAXES AT ALL. It is confirmed in U.S. Code. It is also confirmed that w8 form text may be amended by the U.S.-based business (where the form is submitted to) to reflect their own needs. For example, I have seen some amended w8 forms on a few Universities websites who for example pay foreign professors for their books reprinted in U.S. etc. The amendment was simple - The professor claimed that he/she provided services being outside of U.S. Point. No taxes in U.S. And, obviously, no foreign TAX IDs. What taxes are due to foreign government is not a business of any U.S.-based person, legal entity or U.S. government.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is another way to explain the income tax issue with payments from U.S.-based businesses to foreign ones.
One example. You are U.S-based business. You decided to visit amazon.de German website and purchase something, it is not available at amazon.com.
Now, German business received an income from U.S.! Will you e-mail amazon.de asking them to fax you american w8 form? What would they reply ? :)

Simply - services provided outside U.S. are not subject of U.S. taxes, and it is confirmed in U.S. Code.
Is the situation with amazon.de different from the current situation where you purchased traffic from foreign supplier? It is the same.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First off all I will say this. I'm not trying to make this difficult. I think it's gotten a little blown out of proportion. Most of the parking sites require this in order to get paid. This isn't a ParkItNow.com thing.

I certainly can take a W8 or W9 filled out and faxed or scanned and emailed to me and everything else will be moot. Technically, this is how it should be done anyway.

I don't think it's the same thing tonyk2000. What you just described is a sale of merchandise and what we effectively are doing is paying a commission like in sales.

In a nut shell all I'm trying to do is protect myself and company from ever having to pay tax on commissions paid to other people. Nothing more and nothing less.

I think I'm going to put the standard W8 and W9 on the site as PDFs. Then anyone can choose to use the online tax id field or send the W8/W9 to me by fax, postal mail or can scan and email it to me. This should give enough choices so the Tax ID thing can be handled in a suitable manner for just about anyone.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Errrr, Another "problem" client bites it. Another person who was "complaining" here that they didn't get paid turns out to have been banned. It didn't matter if the tax info was there or not since there was a zero balance in their account!

I just ran a couple simple queries against our databases and found about 40 total people out of hundreds without tax ids that signed up previous to this month. Out of these, 36 have a balance and 16 have an amount greater then $25 (minimum to get paid). This leaves 4 people with a zero balance. I didn't check further but a zero balance would normally indicate either there were no earnings or the parking services issued credits and/or banned the account.

So while the "problamatic accounts" is realatively low in comparison to all accounts in the system, two of these people are responsible for much of the thread(s) here about ParkItNow.com being a scam. I think there is a third person also but I can't match the forum ID here to the user id on my system (yet).

For the benefit of the 36 legit users (and few in question) who haven't gotten paid. Login to your ParkItNow.com account. Click the "View Your Balance" link in the Billing/Payment section right after login. This will show you your monthly balances and total amount owed to you. If this balance is zero you have either never earned anything or you will see a credit/reverse issued by a parking provider with an explanation why your balance is zero. Again there are only a few of these and I'm sure you will understand! If you have a balance and it's under $25 you will get paid once you meet the $25 minimum. If the balance is over $25 then that would indicate your account is in good standing but you didn't get paid because of the tax code or because you have an email account banned by paypal (one user like this right now and the email starts with "cash"). I mention this "process" because I don't want to get a bunch of emails or PMs wanting to know if their account was banned for some reason. If you have a balance as shown above your account IS NOT banned so no worries.

Carlo

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All businesses in US paying me for something (domain parking etc.) are happy with just W9. Never asked me tax ID (and I even do NOT HAVE ANY). When I read this thread first time I wanted to write this already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom