Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Participating in premium auctions and sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

yowzator

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to participate in premium auctions or sales? It seems like auctions such as TRAFFIC, DomainFest, and so forth often bring the highest prices for domains. But perhaps I'm mistaken.

Is getting involved in one of these the way to go? What sales and auctions should I focus on? Can I participate myself, or do I need a broker? Any suggestions on who? Are these auctions a good way to find end-users? If not, any techniques on finding end-users? I would be surprised if resellers are the ones spending the big bucks on these sales.

I am a developer and don't really consider myself a domainer. I own several domains that I think could be worth something substantial to an end user, but don't really market them or make any money on them. I've already had domainers tell me my domains would be worth high $x,xxx to resellers and have had offers in that range as well. Obviously, I'd like to get more for them than that. Here is the thread:
http://www.dnforum.com/f4/onlinegamer-com-net-thread-381348.html

The domains are onlinegamer.com and onlinegamer.net. I have several other domains that I think could be worth something substantial. I'm the first one to question myself on what I feel the domains are worth, but hearing high $x,xxx from a reseller and getting multiple offers makes me think that an end-user might pay substantially more.

For years I've planned to develop these domains myself, but time hasn't allowed this. Unfortunately, I'm extremely busy on a different startup venture right now, and don't really have time to invest in the sale of some domains. We've already raised some capital, and are working on raising more. The sale of these and/or other domains would enable me to invest more in the company and give away less equity.

Ideally I'd find a broker who has the right contacts and can turn my domains into a large sale. If they can double or triple what I would make on my own, I'm more than willing to pay them a cut.

Any advice on how to move forward would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tauren

cbk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think Bionic kinda summed it up.
"Plenty of cheap arcade scripts and free installation what are you waiting for?"

This is a potential million dollar site.
I cant believe you would have had a bigger or equal project you could be working on than this. It is huge I will leave it at that.

yowzator

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cbk: Thanks for your feedback, and exactly why I think it should sell well above the high $x,xxx's. Or are you saying it would only sell for higher prices if it was developed first?

floname

Hopeless Domainiac
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your intent on selling these, do some research on some of the many premium domain auction/listing services: e.g. - Sedo, Latonas, TargetedTraffic

You may also try BigTicketDomains - contact Kevin: he's very well connected within the industry.

Main considerations would be exposure, fees, and the ability to specify a minimum reserve.

These are GREAT domains and the right buyer will pay a handsome ransom..

Good Luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom