Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Partners needed to purchase special 2 letter domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Together

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a line on a 2 letter .com. WHat makes this special is that the two letters are the same two letters. I have an agreement with the owner that if I can come up with $50K he will sell it to me. I have $25K and am looking for the other $25K. If anyone is interested please contact me so that we can discuss.

Thanks.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
surely you can get him to discount it more than that, especially in times like this and even harder times to follow....... :-(

JumpingJack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Splitting the money to buy a domain name never works. Didn't you ever see that Simpsons episode where Bart, Millhouse and Martin split the money for that comic book? How would you even do it - just for resale? Hard to justify buying a two-letter .com (even a double letter) for $50,000 with the sole intent of reselling it.

uglypeoople.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
what 2 letter domain name is it?

Together

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The last thing I need to do is to create more competition for myself so sorry about that uglypeople but I will not be discussing it.

As far as the other comments on how it can never work to have more than one person own a domain name there is a very simple solution. A new holding company will be formed, the partners will each own half of the company and the company will own the domain.

I have several legitimate interested parties in this via PM and will be getting a hold of each of you once I verify with the seller that the funds are available. Thanks for your patience all.

JumpingJack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Together said:
The last thing I need to do is to create more competition for myself so sorry about that uglypeople but I will not be discussing it.

As far as the other comments on how it can never work to have more than one person own a domain name there is a very simple solution. A new holding company will be formed, the partners will each own half of the company and the company will own the domain.

I have several legitimate interested parties in this via PM and will be getting a hold of each of you once I verify with the seller that the funds are available. Thanks for your patience all.

That doesn't answer the question. You are missing my point. A domain name is only one thing. So you create a company or partnership, each person gets 50/50, the domain is registered in the companies name - then what? You obviously want this domain name for a reason, but anyone who would put up $25,000 would have just as much interest in it as you, so maybe your plans for the domain wouldn't pan out the way you planned. Just saying you may want to think about rushing into a partnership a bit harder, because I don't see how that can work when it comes to a domain name, unless both parties are interested in actually developing a company. Otherwise, whose domain name does the portfolio go in? If you get my drift..

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JJack, sharing a domain can work. Forming a corporation and splitting the shares would most likely be the safest idea, however I am not knowledgeable in the area.

JumpingJack

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
JJack, sharing a domain can work. Forming a corporation and splitting the shares would most likely be the safest idea, however I am not knowledgeable in the area.

I know it's possible to make it work, but it just seems extremely unlikely that it could work and the owner didn't seem to provide any explanation of what he plans to do after someone forks over $25k for a domain name and they both own 50% of it. Do I get it for 3 months, then he gets it for 3 months? Or what?

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol its obvious that any revenue derived from the domain would be distributed evenly among the partners..

I however would never trust anybody else with cash like that.. i've been ripped off for hundreds of thousands of dollars in my time on the net ( mainly from one deal gone wrong ) and i never since put myself in any kind of position to get F&%$ED again..

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are only 26 of those and each one is probably worth more than $50K. I don't have that kind of money; the rich get richer...

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Eh, theres more than 26 two letter domains, unless your talking about double of the same letter. Actual amount of 2 letter domains is 26 x 25 = 650

jquail

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the two letters are the same two letters

He said in his first post that the domain was the two same letters.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know, I know! :)

uglypeoople.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Could you please tell us which 2 letter domain name is for sale? How can anyone become your partner if you don't even tell us the name? If the name is something like qq.com or zz.com, zq.com, qz.com.....i would NOT want it...maybe others here might still be interested...but not me.
Don't make me email all 26 domain name owners.....hahahahaaa

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
uglypeople.com said:
Could you please tell us which 2 letter domain name is for sale? How can anyone become your partner if you don't even tell us the name? If the name is something like qq.com or zz.com, zq.com, qz.com.....i would NOT want it...maybe others here might still be interested...but not me.
Don't make me email all 26 domain name owners.....hahahahaaa
If you don't realize why he's keeping it private than you shouldn't be interested in investing $25,000.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
tassos said:
ssssssssssssshhhhhhhh :smartass:

I think it's already sold (or very close) anyways :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom