Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Past Expiration Traffic Surge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Over the last few years I've always noticed that some domains that are at or slightly past expiration (still within the grace period) always receive a traffic and ad click surge. Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea what the cause is? My assumption has always been that it's due to the domain entering various drop lists, though I'm not certain of that.

I have a large block of domains that are pushed into last minute profit due to this occurrence. My traffic logs show that the traffic is legit real human traffic, as opposed to bots, proxies, etc. Strange...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is because of all the software out there listing expiring names, not necessarily expired (yet).

Yes, I have seen increases as well.

But I have also used many services in the past (Pool is one of them, I believe) that lists expiring names like 30 days before they expire.

This is also a reason for all the pre-drop auctions.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The "ad clicks" surge is the most confusing aspect for me, as most domainers and drop list surveyors don't usually click parking page ads, I know I never do.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I intentionally let many of my name come close to expiration for this exact reason,... eyeballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom