Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Pastor gets waitress fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I give the Pastor credit for doing that. I hate places that force you to tip. A tip is a show of gratitude from one person to another person’s work. I was a dishwasher/waiter at about 15/16 and someone left me 1 cent tips in the morning. I wondered why and was sort of pissed off, when I found out that a penny with its head up means "great job" and that was worth more than an additional 5-10% (at the time) to me. It's ridiculous to force a tip on someone.

If Applebee’s fired someone for posting that to Reddit they should be boycotted until they change their tipping policy. This doesn’t only go for Applebees, other restaurants add automatic tips as well. I have taken my tip off the table when I saw the receipt at one place (can’t remember off the top of my head) which amounted more than the automatic tip, because I was forced to tip and not given the option to.

Dictionary.com's definition of a tip:
a small present of money given directly to someone for performing a service or menial task; gratuity: He gave the waiter a dollar as a tip.

Are places trying to change the meaning of what a tip is? If someone does a lousy job during service, at the end I pull them to the side and ask them why (since taking members to a place and it having lousy service makes me look bad). If their reason is valid, I will tip. If they have an attitude, I won't. Although, with superior service, in some cases I've left 200% tips to people who you know are truly there not only to help you but want to be there to help you any way they can and go out of their way to accommodate you—they really love what they do and it’s usually the older generation.

The employees at any restaurant should be lucky they even receive any tips as in Japan it’s rude to leave a tip of any kind—and they still get paid the same.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
David - I guess God should have gotten her soda refills then.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The proper response from the waitress should have been:

You are scamming people out of 10% of their money by claiming to represent a fictional old man hiding in the clouds, and you are part of an organization that has been raping children for decades? SHAME on you. What a disgusting reason to fail to pay people who do REAL work. Don't ever return to this restaurant, or any affiliate, or you will be charged with trespassing.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you read the report, the waitress thought it was both rude and comical, which I can only assume she doesn't take her hospitality services seriously. She needs more training to keep her job or find another one that best suits her.

On the other hand, the argument on the table was tipping. American culture says to tip, but when did we shift into tipping becoming a tax added to a bill? A tip is a tip of gratitude for bringing the soda, on time, as ordered, with a cheerful attitude. Not, "here's your Coke, you want anything else? Also, here’s your [18% tax AND you can also add a tip to that] bill”. --"Here's you're coke sir/ma’am (if you aren't already aware of the customer’s name within 1 minute of talking), could I get you anything else to go with that?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom