Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Patent Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
go to uspto.gov for more information on patent filing, etc. per neifeld.com the cost averages $17,500 - $24,500 with a lawyer involved

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
per neifeld.com the cost averages $17,500 - $24,500 with a lawyer involved

That's ridiculous.

I've had very few that got into that range, and that is because they were either extremely complex systems, or prosecution became complicated.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just wondering.. were you able to do it yourself with the help of the book?

Pressman's book is the best self-help book I've seen, and is extremely useful even if one decides to work with an attorney.

That said, it is not at all difficult to obtain an unduly narrow patent on one's own.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
Pressman's book is the best self-help book I've seen, and is extremely useful even if one decides to work with an attorney.

That said, it is not at all difficult to obtain an unduly narrow patent on one's own.

i agree, i was about to apply (with the books help it wouldn't have been that difficult) but digging down into current patents i was stumped on the second to last one - too close to my idea to take it any further. my search started with about 20,000 matches, but slowly got it down to only 18 potential matches and BAM on the second to last one there it was!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom