Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Pathetic new lows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What a real shame yesterday's day was.

Consistent hits and clicks.

BOTTOM revenue, worse single day in 6 months. 50% down from the previous day - 75% from the 3-month old rising highs.

Stats available on demand.

Sedo, this is truly pathetic. PPC has gone down from 35 cents to 11. I'm sick and tired of sending you my traffic for peanuts.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not to go off topic Acro, but I have noticed namedrive and others trending down as well, lots of 2 cent clicks lately.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My revenue went south 5-6 days ago.

Jennifer

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Me too! It's like I have a totally different portfolio up. Names that were making $1-2 are now making change. I hit a nice peak in March, and it's been downhill ever since.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is part of the brittle economy, advertisors do not want to waste money on advertising if no one is buying.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro you need to quite clicking on your own ads. :) j/k BTW you are right regarding SEDO. You are a squeaky wheel, so keep it up until your receive results from them.

taboo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol Acro's been on this for months... My revenue had dropped a tad (like 3%), but healingsites is right about it being the new quarter.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The wheel is squeeky clean. Domain clickthrough rates are the same, if not higher. Want me to post screenshots? Simply put, revenue is way down (at least 50%) because PPC has plummeted in the VERY LOW TEENS.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same here, CTR is going down with the New sedo template

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acroplex said:
What a real shame yesterday's day was.

Consistent hits and clicks.

BOTTOM revenue, worse single day in 6 months. 50% down from the previous day - 75% from the 3-month old rising highs.

Stats available on demand.

Sedo, this is truly pathetic. PPC has gone down from 35 cents to 11. I'm sick and tired of sending you my traffic for peanuts.

See my post in this thread...

http://www.dnforum.com/f129/new-sedo-feature-thread-144217.html

That might be the reason for your lower revenue (or part of the reason).

- Rob

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Thanks Rob - this is not a new issue. The PPC - the amount Sedo pays per click - has gone downhill for all keywords. Simply put, Sedo keeps a bigger chunk for themselves. What used to be $0.35 is now $0.15 - $0.11

I am now seriously considering switching to Adsense for my busiest sites with natural type-in traffic. Sedo used to be a safe bet because of the no hassle "optimize once & leave it" approach but it seems that it's not worth the pennies made. I maintain steady traffic and clickthroughs and yet the revenue is halved.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mine has dropped to 0.09 cents per click.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. It looks like the commission rate just jumped again.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acroplex said:
...I am now seriously considering switching to Adsense for my busiest sites with natural type-in traffic.

With all due respect Theo, you should have done that ages ago. Why rely on Sedo and other PPC firms where your traffic and income has little chance of going up but often going down? At least with a small developed site (even 1 or 2 pages) the traffic can easily increase along with clicks and income from good places such as Clickbank, YPN or Adsense.

P.S. Always been surprised as to why so comparatively few domainers ever develop their domains. Perhaps they are just too lazy to do the hard work involved since simple parking is so easy. Excuse me for saying this but what with the vast amounts of time you and others spend complaining about the PPC firms you could have better spent time developing websites, learning the in's and out's, and how to do good SEO work to get more traffic. P.S. Less than 1% of my domains are parked with 99% resolving to active sites.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Guilty as charged, Trader. Sedo is fine and dandy as far as "turn-key" parking is concerned, but it seems that a lot of the beans just slip through the cracks. I am too busy currently to devote time and effort to 700 domains but I will definitely focus on a handful that have the most potential to optimize for Adsense.

dvdrip said:

BTW I use Overture's bid tool to optimize my keywords. It appears that Sedo keeps about 70% to 80% of the $$

kslup

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is not Sedo.

by using Adsense, it is no better. Something is going on in Adsense. very very low CPC... :0

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
dvdrip said:

This is something I watched today as well. Time to seek better monetization models. PPC companies seem to be laughing all the way to the bank. I am in the talks with independents that will bypass the middle man.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Shame SedoUK hasn't cared to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom