Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Payment Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a customer in Italy, to whom I have been trying to sell a domain to for the past 3 weeks. I sent him requests via PayPal, Ikobo, and Escrow, but either he does not understand them or he cannot do them for some reason. Now I get an email from him:

Dear Ben, I think, at the end, it is better, paying with a credit transfer. Let me know your data banking. -Marino

I don't know what this means. Does he want to pay by credit card or wire transfer.

And if he wants to do a wire transfer directly from his bank to mine. What info do I divulge to do this?

Thanks in advance!

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>> the main problem is this is also the same info to do a wire transfer from your bank to his !

(possibly naively) I have never thought of this as a potential problem. Presumably the bank would only make a transfer out of my bank account with an authenticated authorisation on my part, whether through an online procedure needing passwords, or through a properly signed form etc.

Has anyone had any problems caused by someone using using their account details to transfer money out of their bank account?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't see why he can't do the same via Escrow - maybe point him to the escrow.com website.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do the transaction through escrow.com.

Ask him to create/open a free account there.

AND

Then ask him to open the transaction - be sure to remind him to use your email address as the seller.

When selling domains via Escrow, I typically ask the buyer to open the transaction - that alone cuts out much of the nonsense and tells me they are serious about purchase.

Don't deal with this person directly - and definitely do NOT give them your bank account details; not that it's totally secret per se - every check one writes has all the bank acct info one needs for a wire, but why chance it - people can and do lose money to bank fraud...won't go into all the ways here - that's a thread for the Legal forum.

Bottom line is please be careful - use escrow and don't deal directly with this person since it's clear something isn't right - could simply be a langauge barrier or perhaps is something more - ie. a scammer :(

Ron

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:
>> the main problem is this is also the same info to do a wire transfer from your bank to his !

(possibly naively) I have never thought of this as a potential problem. Presumably the bank would only make a transfer out of my bank account with an authenticated authorisation on my part, whether through an online procedure needing passwords, or through a properly signed form etc.

Has anyone had any problems caused by someone using using their account details to transfer money out of their bank account?

Have you ever gotten one of the Nigerian scam letters? It is a well known scam, that used to use postal mail. It uses this very fact to clear out peoples bank accounts asking for this information on the guise of transfering money in.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
theparrot said:
Have you ever gotten one of the Nigerian scam letters? It is a well known scam, that used to use postal mail. It uses this very fact to clear out peoples bank accounts asking for this information on the guise of transfering money in.

i dont understand why people really believe someone going to transfer money to them and let them earn for no reason !!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ask domainempire for a favor ... he speaks Italian .. maybe you can pay him f$ for translation help.

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3 years is a long time to wait for a domain.... you sure there isn't something dodgy?

Try Western Union....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom