Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Payment question from the Plat lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a member here from Thailand that wants to pay me using a credit card.

I have a premeir paypal account and it sayd I can send an invoice and accept credit cards. Never done this before. Easy? Does the buyer have to set up a paypal account too or what? Can't find that on their site and this needs to happen today.

Alternative? Anyone have a payment service that can accept credit cards from foreign countries here, or know of one?

Thanks for any help.
Doc

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge, they need to have a Paypal account to make a credit card payment and I am not sure if Paypal accepts transactions from Thailand.

Alternatives for credit card processing are companies like 2checkout and Paysystems.

NW

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK thanks NW

I'll take a look at those two.

Anyone know of other escrow or payment services. Other than (escow.com)? I need the edumacation.
Doc

armstrong

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Paypal is not available in Thailand. See http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/approved_countries-outside

There are paypal knockoffs that work virtually anywhere, such as stormpay.com and ikobo.com . Of these two, I use ikobo.com, which compensated for the extra risk they were taking by taking many extra security precautions. e.g., they called me 3 times before I could transact.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Doc!

If the selling price is over $100.00 then....

another alternative is to set-up a $8.95 enom account for this person and have them fill the account with the sale amount.

you then take over that account, and use it to register domains.

i've done this a few times, as money is money....anyway you get it!

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
doc, you have to use 2co or other merchant services as paypal do not accept card from Thailand.

Nice tip Biggie. ;)

armstrong

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
another alternative is to set-up a $8.95 enom account for this person and have them fill the account with the sale amount.

I've done this procedure several times, but never for something over $100 unless it was someone I know. Reason for this caution being : if the funds later turn out to be fraudulent, then enom can take back the funds and/or the domains purchased with those funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom