Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Paypal advice...re: chargebacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any precautions in taking paypal as a form of payment for domains sales.
Can buyer "charge back" a sale once a domain has been pushed?
Also, can you insist on paypal "cash" versus them using a credit card to fund paypal, and is this more secure?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have heard of sellers mailing a letter with delivery confirmation via USPS, so they have proof of delivery. I am not sure if this would be sufficient or what they would include in the envelope.

NextClick

Names *****istrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
-----

Last edited:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edit - Sorry, didnt understand the question.

Last edited:

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
paypal disputes are possible within 45 days after the transaction. Credit card chargebacks are possible 6 months or even more in some cases after the transaction.
In that regard payments from PayPal funds are safer, but I try to avoid PayPal for buyers i don't know well.

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
paypal disputes are possible within 45 days after the transaction. Credit card chargebacks are possible 6 months or even more in some cases after the transaction.
In that regard payments from PayPal funds are safer, but I try to avoid PayPal for buyers i don't know well.

The chargeback timeframe would be set by the credit card company, not Paypal.

As far as the dispute payment option in Paypal goes, after 45 days disputes are automaticaly closed and resolution is left up to the seller.

I've had people purchase advertising before using Paypal, like buying a month of ads. They'll wait til their advertising campaign has been all but used up, and then they'll try to pull some bullshit dispute in Paypal and get a refund. It blocks those from automatically going thorugh, thankfully.

SonnyBurnett

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Accept PayPal only from buyers with High Trader Rating
Use Escrow.com ;)

Warrior

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Credit card chargebacks are possible 6 months or even more in some cases after the transaction.

Perhaps in the past but not today. Under the law, Credit card disputes must be filed within 60 days of the first bill or two billing cycles, Some banks are flexible and will accept the dispute, but it can be rejected on the grounds of a late filing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom