Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

PayPal Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I know that alot of people have been calling for an alternative to PayPal because of either getting screwed by them or wanting to have a safety net for payment after the guillotine comes down on them due to the now 2 large class action suits by Jacoby & Meyers and Girard Gibbs and De Bartolomeo.

Funny name, but YowCow is now starting to offer services similar to Paypal. They are not there yet, but they are making strides in the right direction, as is Neteller with Peer To Peer Transactions and better security measures than I have experienced with PayPal for verification. It still remains to be seen what will happen with them, as others such as StormPay and C2It have fallen already in their attempts to compete, but it's nice to know there are some options.

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not sure that I am really convinced about either of the two pmnt companies.. customer service seems to be administered by email. At least with paypal I can call someone if there is a problem. only time will tell :p

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually NETELLER requires that you verify the account with a phone call and has great support. If you think that PayPal has great support you must be nuts. Tell that to the 10000+ that have frozen accounts involved in the class action suits. God forbid you get your account frozen for any reason, you'll see how great their support is!

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It seems to me the big banks or even mastercard/visa themselves are overlooking a potentially huge market opportunity.

BidPay probably has the best chance now, but what a stupid marketing mistake by putting "bid" in the name seemingly making it only for auctions. Yahoo payments also has a good chance in the near future if they'd stup up promotion & development.

The US postal service is trying to get in on the act as well http://www.usps.com/paymentservices/pspaymnt.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom