Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Paypal and domain names

Status
Not open for further replies.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Do you think its possible to get banned from Paypal for selling adult/gambling domain names?

:greeneek: :greeneek: :greeneek:

Domain Days 2024

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From the TOS:

7.2 Restricted Activities:

(d) be related in any way to gambling and/or gaming activities.

2.8 Liability for Violations of the Acceptable Use Policy. If you engage in the following behavior, PayPal may fine you, as explained below:

Using the PayPal service to receive payments for any sexually oriented or obscene materials or services in violation of PayPal%u2019s Mature Audiences Policy.

Using the PayPal service to receive payments for wagers, gambling debts or gambling winnings, regardless of the location or type of gambling activity.

I don't think domains apply to the above. Adult/Gambling names are bought all the time using Paypal. I've never heard of anyone losing their account for it.

H

H2FC

I don't believe anyone should use Paypal to sell a domain name in the first place unless they personally know the buyer. Paypal themselves told me their service does not protect the seller and they advised me against using it for that purpose. Of course it is a great service for many other buys and sales but not for domain names. Not good for the seller any way.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I sold gambling/adult domains for $10-$30 each to get rid of it, i hope i didnt risk my account by doing so.

dvestors said:
From the TOS:

I don't think domains apply to the above. Adult/Gambling names are bought all the time using Paypal. I've never heard of anyone losing their account for it.

Thanks for your opinion!
I think i'll call my PP man so i can sleep tight today!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
VioxxLawyers said:
I sold gambling/adult domains for $10-$30 each to get rid of it, i hope i didnt risk my account by doing so.

Thanks for your opinion!
I think i'll call my PP man so i can sleep tight today!

if those names had traffic, then somebody made a killing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom