Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

PayPal CHARGES Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just sent a $35 "gift" for a purchase and had the option for the friend/family member pay or:

$0.11 USD fee if you use your PayPal balance and/or abank
account.

Did PayPal stop gifts/masspay?!

yewhoo

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep I found that out yesterday when I bought a domain. You pay a lower fee if you use your paypal balance and a much higher fee if you use credit card.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is freaking outrageous! I’m calling my congress!

It’s about time they caught up to free payments though… Maybe they finally found DNF? ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'll be mailing cash in an envelope sealed with wax and monogrammed, via coach from now on :D

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is freaking outrageous! I’m calling my congress!

It’s about time they caught up to free payments though… Maybe they finally found DNF? ;)

Why do you call your congress?

If you are doing something right - you are making a "PROgress"
If you are doing something wrong - you are making a "CONgress"

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just when the Yen rate stabilizes to $1 to 100 Yen, you get hit with something like this... I suppose it equals out.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really ? and this just happened, uh ? I hardly ever use Masspay since it has to come from PP bal or bank transfer and I rarely use the -pay from bank transfer option- also. Those like me who live on plastic will find all stuff gettin a lot pricier, including transactions. Bank fees especially. Along with retailers, banks are implemeting two sets of prices to kick in at the register depending on whether you choose pymt w/cc or cash. Banks will charge more to retailers for processing cc pymts since the new regulations now limit more how they can make money off customers. And retailers will pass that increase to us. This sucks all around ....

Yep I found that out yesterday when I bought a domain. You pay a lower fee if you use your paypal balance and a much higher fee if you use credit card.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is that why I see "an additional 8% will be added to your transaction" more and more or is it a Japanese/international thing?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More like a Japan thing lol. The surcharge I had read about was between 1.0-2.5% and the company they were giving as an example was CVS, the drugstore chain in the US which kinda sucks in any case, Walgreens is better lol. Many states have sales tax already and if they enact this new thing I'd hope to see a big sign at checkout telling me if I pay by debit/cc the total will be more. And ideally after ringing in all your goods they'll show you two amounts, one if pay cash, the other if pay by cc

Is that why I see "an additional 8% will be added to your transaction" more and more or is it a Japanese/international thing?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow. If you have a PayPal Balance of $X and send money amounting to $Y, they charge the fee of $Y instead of $Y-X.

I.E. PayPal balance of $300 and you send $800, you are charged a fee for $800 if you use your credit card and not $500.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that sucks, pp should never charge for any funds coming from pp bal, but i rarely have this problem since i live on plastic lol....

and when your buyers are overseas pp sticks you with a 3.9% charge for sellers, and foreigners apparently cannot use masspay, it's a us thing only, and to even use masspay you have to use pp bal or transfer from bk acct, no cc or even echecks

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a personal account after 10+ years.

Are you aware if the fees are cheaper for merchant accounts? That's just ridiculous charging the full amount of fee when you have a PP balance already, since they subtract it in a transaction. I'd rather keep my PP balance and be charged the full amount on plastic (it's a Visa check card, so essentially the same as an instant bank transfer that doesn't instantly take up to 3 days to process, but 1 second to come out of my checking account).

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
PayPal is the necessary evil. There are alternatives, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom