Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Paypal Disputes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kishin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do these usally work out? Do they go the way of the buyer or seller?

Thanks

Domain Days 2024
T

tekz999

If its domain, then they 100% do not care, and will not take any action. This also applies to any service provided by any company/individual.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal doesnt care about your money, only about theirs. If the product is intangible goods the odds of getting a refund is very minute. If it is a tangible good, you must provide proof of shipping, other wise your dispute will be disqualified.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd go for it. If the seller does not respond you automatically win. However, if they have transferred the money out of their account there is nothing Paypal can do. If the seller responds and says it is an intangible good, they will win their case since Paypal doesn't cover intangible goods.

Kishin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What would qualify as proof of shipping?

Thanks

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably a commercial invoice from a shipper such as fedex or ups.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I saw this in another thread here, if you are selling a domain by paypal, you should send an invoice to the buyer (through PayPal) and mark on the invoice 'computer goods to be shipped', then when the buyer pays through the invoice, you have your 'proof' that a transaction took place. And there was an incident mentioned here in DNF where PayPal was investigating the person who did a fraudulent chargeback.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup, lying is good. But you still have to show proof (if asked) of shipment.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal doesnt care about your money, only about theirs. If the product is intangible goods the odds of getting a refund is very minute. If it is a tangible good, you must provide proof of shipping, other wise your dispute will be disqualified.

Couldn't have phrased it better myself.

domainstrike

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Question on this topic... If I just sold a domain, I shouldn't bother with an invoice?? I just give them my paypal name/ID and have them send the amount ?? How does it work, thanks

Kishin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would something like delivery confirmation be considered proof of shipping?

Thanks

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup, delivery confirmation is proof.

domainstrike said:
Question on this topic... If I just sold a domain, I shouldn't bother with an invoice?? I just give them my paypal name/ID and have them send the amount ?? How does it work, thanks
just send over your paypal email. Unless you sold the domain on ebay or something an invoice isn't necessary, but that's just me, up to you I guess. I've only had 1 sent to me ever..not counting ebay...and it was for a relatively small amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom