Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Paypal email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

Anyone else get the Paypal email about a class action lawsuit or something? Or is this just old news?

I don't really know how to deal with it, doubt it's worth the effort if the max a single person can claim is $50.

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I got it too...
But didn't you se the post about it just a few below this one?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got it too. However, doubt if I will submit the form as in these class action cases the misc costs and attorney fees take huge sums of money and the individuals end up with almost nothing. sometimes pennies. Even more importantly, I certainly do NOT want to harm my EXCELLENT relationship with PayPal, who I am extemely satisfied with as a merchant account.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It won't hurt your relationship with Paypal. The case has been settled according to the terms posted at the link in the email. You are supposed to receive your $50 according to the terms to which Paypal agreed.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
It won't hurt your relationship with Paypal. The case has been settled according to the terms posted at the link in the email. You are supposed to receive your $50 according to the terms to which Paypal agreed.

Thanks, good to hear that. :)

Did not even realize it was paying $50 as I never read it too close due to my good relations with PayPal. Other big class actions I have been invited to file a claim ended up with settlements of a few dollars and only in the form of a non-cash credit to be applied against future purchases only.

Not too valuable when the firm charges so much more than others so with the settlement credit your end up paying more! I recall something like that happening with a domain registrar not too long ago, could have been high priced Register.com, not sure.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Didn't it read if you didn't want to be involved to submit the paperwork, otherwise you would receive whatever you are entitled to? I glanced at it quickly and that is what I thought it said. I will read it again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom