Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

paypal fined $150K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On the surface it sounds good, but at $150k it's virtually being swept under the rug.

I won't harp on it too much, but credit card agreements weren't designed to accomodate quasi-cash and barter transactions like paypal and dnf$. Competition and aggessive lawmakers have turned credit cards into very consumer friendly payment vehicles. Paypal has no serious competition and has managed to avoid regulation so far... it stands to reason that customers will continue to have difficulty with disputes for the foreseeable future.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Nameable said:
On the surface it sounds good, but at $150k it's virtually being swept under the rug.

I won't harp on it too much, but credit card agreements weren't designed to accomodate quasi-cash and barter transactions like paypal and dnf$. Competition and aggessive lawmakers have turned credit cards into very consumer friendly payment vehicles. Paypal has no serious competition and has managed to avoid regulation so far... it stands to reason that customers will continue to have difficulty with disputes for the foreseeable future.

That's just an icicle on the iceberg, and pennies to them. I want to see the class action rulings against them fold them ; for the millions they have kept, while collecting interest on other people's money, these customers lost their homes and filed for bankruptcy due to Paypal practices.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nicpal said:
...I want to see the class action rulings against them fold them ; for the millions they have kept, while collecting interest on other people's money, these customers lost their homes and filed for bankruptcy due to Paypal practices.

I don't want to see them fold, they provide a valuable service, but I think they should be held accountable for all the wrong they've done. Since ebay owns paypal now, they certainly have the financial ability to make right.

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal just needs to start complying with banking regulations, until then it's just going to be as it is now.

Domstar

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
quoting from the story:
PayPal has clarified that it will investigate any claims about a deal as long as the complaint is made within 30 days of the purchase.

I can't believe I read that. The story is about paypal being fined for not adhering to the consumer credit card protection laws, and then right there they say "within 30 days."

but in fact, credit card protection is for 1 year from purchase, not 30 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom