Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Paypal harassment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received a notice form Paypal today that they had "selected' a transaction for "possible" non authorization. I am supposed to fax proof of delivery?

I write content for webmasters online. This was for a client who emailed no communication about unhappiness with the article and suddenly Paypal is putting holds on the transaction for no reason?

How are content writers supposed to "verify" "shipment"?
I think Paypal needs to update its policies to include newfangled ways of "shipment" and delivery.

Like email.

Furthermore, why is Paypal initiating its own claims and case for no reason?

"may have been unauthorized". What does that mean? Did the client approve payment or not?
And should Paypal be instituting claims for cases where neither the buyer nor selling has any complaint?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are going to be the victim of some reverse charges (chargebacks).

As for the client, why would a client give you advance notice that they are about to screw you?

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no this member has been same guy with name brand account for years. POPULAR dude.
Paypal initiated the claim. not him.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get this quite regularly, just go through the process and post that it was a service and the customer received the service and you won't have an issue.

You can also get the customer to get a hold of paypal and tell them they are not disputing the charge.

Like I said, I get about 3 of these random checks a month without issues.

-=DCG=-

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very odd.

I have been a PayPal customer since their inception and have never gotten anything like this.

Same here, member since the beginning and never seen that.

Well, the Canadians can't be trusted. They cheated in the Vancouver Olympics winning most medals and cheated in the Gold Medal game of hockey.

LOL... err, sour grapes, eh? :p

Rob

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i had a few like this - one the customer put on and was removed shortly after, one was a reverse chargeback (client used a stolen Credit card-RRGGGG) and the other was just a random check, after i explained the transaction it was lifted a few days later.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was me - I was the source of the problem. You see, I dared log in to paypal and sent a payment while not at home. Nothing is more fun than being away from home (3000kms) and being requested to send personal documents to get your account going again. Like we all travel with copies of our phone bills... :-/

Seriously, what kind of hacker hacks a paypal account and sends a small payment to a seller's money request while leaving a large balance untouched and making no other transactions of any sort... :upset:

What I got from their security team is this - never ever send a payment when not at your usual location. This will result in an instant flag of both the transaction and the sender's account. You can log in and view your account but doing pretty much anything else will result in what happened to myst woman and I.

It's nice they try to protect our accounts but sometimes they take this just a tad too far. It's clearly an automated system with little actual human oversight.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
had similar issues with paypal and they told me also that it was becuase I logged in from different countires. I told them, that this was basically why I use paypal, becuase I can send money from any computer in the world. Still had to fax documents to them. Took almost 2 weeks to get the account re instated.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why can't paypal get their act together? Humans move about on the planet.
Why is their system so crippled?

Stalling $13 of payment doesn't seem enough to initiate a reversal without substantiation from buyer or seller.
i have payments from this buyer coming behind the "temporary hold" one.

wtf?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
never ever send a payment when not at your usual location.

I try not to use the laptop in the bathroom :D
But seriously, never had any issues sending or receiving paypal funds while on the road.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I feel Paypal is harassing us. I have many international clients whose transactions and accounts have never experienced this problem.
(sigh) so who is the next best online banking system to use?
roy you might as well start paying me by recharging my starbucks card. no red tape.
:)

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I try not to use the laptop in the bathroom :D
But seriously, never had any issues sending or receiving paypal funds while on the road.

Well isn't that just like paypal - works fine for some but not for others. It's like the fourth time they did it to me. Myst woman finally got paid after I called them - again. Still worried about sending another payment while in the US - they say one thing but always do another it seems...

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I faced such issue before, Paypal sometimes places hold automatically on transactions made via credit card or made via another ip address, so if your client paid you via his credit card or used different ip address you may face a hold on the money because his bank might be blocking it for some temporary reason or they block it for security reason such as different ip.

When i faced the issue, i called them and explained, she then finally processed the payments and she required me to submit documents to verify my address etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom