Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Paypal is ... well ... umm ... *CENSORED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottatmu

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of
potentially unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this
event. In the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in
question until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will
show as a deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are
free to continue transacting using your PayPal account.

Transaction Date: Jul. 15, 2005 05:12:56 PDT
Transaction Amount: $25.00 USD
Payor's Email: [email protected]

So ... yeah ... umm ... what can I say? Someone purchased a copy of my arcade script two days ago and PayPal already put a hold on the funds.

Always fun working with PayPal!

LazyD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had that also,except within 3 hours after they purchased,I received the email saying the funds where being held.

scottatmu

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is so annoying ... and since its a digital product, the chances of getting my money back if it really was paid with a fraud account, etc. is 0%

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why you need to have a license system in place that you can void the license. Just hope they do not charge you a chargeback fee on top of that for $20.

scottatmu

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
*edited*

Just read ... argh! That would not be good at all if I'm also charged a $20 chargeback fee for a $25 purchase.

Does this happen with all payment companies or is this just a major problem at PayPal?

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
scottatmu said:
*edited*

Just read ... argh! That would not be good at all if I'm also charged a $20 chargeback fee for a $25 purchase.

Does this happen with all payment companies or is this just a major problem at PayPal?

Mostly paypal, I have merchant account, and I'm not penalized for 5 chargebacks/month. Although I usually get around 10/month, half are overturned, so I usually don't suffer any monetary damages due too chargebacks.

Get a merchant account, if you process enough cash, its worth it, way worth it.

csmaster2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
paypal has several issues, and an overall bad customer satisfcation rate. There are thousands of complaints, to get an idea, look at www.paypalsucks.com

I have lost hundreds of $$ for real transactions thanks to them.... also, I cant wait untill the rumored google version of "paypal" comes out ;)

blindchild

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Paypal now believe themselves like they are the best because thousands of people are using it. Once google money sending company arrives, paypal value will go down.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
webmasternet said:
Paypal now believe themselves like they are the best because thousands of people are using it. Once google money sending company arrives, paypal value will go down.

paypal has millions of clients, not thousands.

also, worth revisiting...

Google CEO Confirms Payment Tool; Says Won't Challenge PayPal
22 Jun 2005

AP Google CEO Eric Schmidt on Tuesday that Google has an electronic payment product is in the works, but he denied recent reports that it is preparing to directly compete with eBay's PayPal payment service, reports the Associated Press. "We do not intend to offer a person-to-person, stored-value payments system," Schmidt told the AP. Reports emerged over the weekend that Google might be contemplating just that with a new product, "Google Wallet," but Google allowed the rumor mill to keep grinding, until yesterday.

Its recent incorporation of a subsidiary called Google Payment Corp. fed those rumors, but Schmidt said the subsidiary is working on something that's connected with its search engine. "The payment services we are working on are a natural evolution of Google's existing online products and advertising programs which today connect millions of consumers and advertisers," Schmidt said, but would not elaborate.

Some think Google's payment product would be tied to its comparison-shopping service Froogle. Others point to the company's plans to offer viewing of online videos, predicting that the payment service would be for selling online content found via search. Investors are likely hoping that Google is looking at income sources other than advertising revenue, which has accounted for most of its profit.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Paypal was designed as a P2P (peer to peer), hence, paypal. For business transactions you should be using a merchant account.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Scott ... if you are selling software check out www.Softwrap.com. They are reasonable, easy to use, and dependable. Also, they will submit your software to most of the download companies for you. Games are there specialty it appears.

gl

picobello

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is there an alternative to paypal around the place?

scottatmu

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
slavahosting ... thanks for the heads up ... I still haven't hit the 3k month mark that PayPal sets to become a merchant account holder, but will defintely look into it.

JEsports ... I checked them out and they may be a great solution for me. Thanks!

aldwin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
be wary with StormPay.

First, their fees are way too high. Second, they are under Federal investigation. Third, they make many more chargebacks than PayPal.

E-gold is good, but there is no way to reverse a transaction there, and you'll pay higher fees for withdrawing than with paypal

My favourite, after PayPal, is www.moneybookers.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom