Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Paypal Payments +Transaction History

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcyteonline@gmail

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased a domain through paypal and was wary about sending funds to someone I don't know (although it wasn't a huge amount so no need for Escrow). Just wondering if people just take the chance of not getting anything in return and how much protection paypal offer for the buyer in this situation (I found the contract details confusing!). Has anybody been scammed and been refunded by paypal as the 'buyer'? Also is there any site people use so that a record of the transaction is evident for legal purposes such as ebay, but perhaps a more professional version and do you think this is necessary?

Sorry for the basic questions, thanks in advance for any help

Justin Hulsey

Those Damn Hippies
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your best bet, when buying on forums, is to always check the sellers trader rating before making any purchases, especially through paypal.

As long as they have a few positive feedbacks, you shouldn't be to wary to send funds.

xcyteonline@gmail

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, although I was think more of situations when direct contacting owners and perhaps buying from owners in foreign countries?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For anything over $1,000 I normally use an escrow service, this way I have a receipt or invoice and a transaction history if I need to take legal action. Also, there is NO risk of "not getting anything" when using escrow. If the situation came up where I didn't get anything in return I would just initiate a dispute, when paying for a domain name I would make sure you be as detailed as possible in the payment.

ezimedia

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HI

I don't think there is any protection for domains via paypal.

You have to decide what amount you want to risk if you accept funds via paypal..

I would go $300-$500 depending on the person sending the funds..

Other wise I would go for Escrow...or bank wire...

Thx
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom