Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

PBS & Nick join Kids.us

Status
Not open for further replies.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the big companies are finally waking up once one does its like a domino effect ,,read about it in todays www.washingtonpost.com scroll down to tech section article kids internet domain,,,,,

disney is also making plans

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
although its only been about 7 months since its release PBS and Nickleodian as well as disney are jumping in early those 3 probably compromise the largest percetage of kids sites presently,,,,,,,

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Subscription based Chris so I didn't read it but I guess the gist is from yor post that Nick , Disney and PBS are all going to be adding websites to Kids.us ..

If thats the case ..HUGE boost coming to Kid.us .. about time .. you guys deserve huge kodos for sticking with them..

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bidawinner said:
Subscription based Chris so I didn't read it but I guess the gist is from yor post that Nick , Disney and PBS are all going to be adding websites to Kids.us ..

If thats the case ..HUGE boost coming to Kid.us .. about time .. you guys deserve huge kodos for sticking with them..

right at the end of the article PBS submmitted their site for review on friday and nickleodian is in its works as disney

AOL was quoted as saying although they have their own KOL for kids they are not ruling out getting in as well my guess is once they see the other big 3 they won;t have any choice but to join as well,,,,,,,,,

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The story was actually almost all negative on what has happened in kids.us - noting that it is a ghost town. Here is a link to the full story that doesn't require registration:

http://www.bizreport.com/article.php?art_id=6242

The possibility of some big players coming on board is mentioned and the space certainly needs that kind of boost.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
The story was actually almost all negative on what has happened in kids.us - noting that it is a ghost town. Here is a link to the full story that doesn't require registration:

http://www.bizreport.com/article.php?art_id=6242

The possibility of some big players coming in board is mentioned and the space certainly needs that kind of boost.

it sure was mostly negative but the fact of the 3 biggest players actually devloping an unknown extension is very encouraging,,,,,this is what any new extension requires ,actual use from the top players,,,,

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One thing I found disappointing was the registry effectively saying it wasn't their responsibility to promote kids.us - that they were leaving that up to the registrars. That's like General Motors saying it's not our responsibility to promote Chevrolet - its up to the car dealers.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
One thing I found disappointing was the registry effectively saying it wasn't their responsibility to promote kids.us - that they were leaving that up to the registrars. That's like General Motors saying it's not our responsibility to promote Chevrolet - its up to the car dealers.

that was pretty bad passing the buck to the other registries which really have no control over promotion,,,,,,,,,despite their lack of involment those top companies are still going to be developing the kids.us extension which is encouraging for .US in general those types of companies haven;t yet development any new extensions since .com debut so the fact they are is pretty big news,,,,,

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kinda expensive but its pocket change for these companies

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jeff said:
kinda expensive but its pocket change for these companies

the only good thing about the expense and process is it keeps out speculators and will allow for real development of the space unlike other new extensions,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom