Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Personalized banners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Does anyone know how to do personalized banner effects? :huh:

I've know John Federman, CEO of Dotomi for a while now. I asked him to put his money where his mouth is. He showed me an example of a banner ad that flighted in The New York Times. The Motorola banner was personalized with the person's name. Her name was Rachel. She opted in to receive more information from Motorola when she bought her new Palm phone. In the banner, it addressed her by name and asked her to click to find discounted accessories for the phone she had just purchased. Although it is difficult to describe the banner in words, seeing it is believing it. Instantaneously I thought this would come across as a little big brother. John said it was quite the contrary. This piece of creative yielded results that were at least 10 to 15 times higher than the average banner.

M

mole

How do you extract the name of a person from a computer? I would pay good money for this effect.

NickStagg

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"her name was Rachel. She opted in to receive more information from Motorola when she bought her new Palm phone. In the banner, it addressed her by name and asked her to click to find discounted accessories for the phone she had just purchased."

They allready had her information from the form she had filled in to receive more information, from there I would imagine the easiest way would be to store a simple cookie with her basic info and call it when needed. If not done that way then some CMS system to monitor when she accessed the main site would allow them to insert personal data, possibly she logged on to the main site when she returned......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom