Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Pet Peeve of Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You email a webmaster directly inquiring about a domain, they get back to you stating to make an offer, I then go ahead and ask for a ballpark figure, and then u get this one liner with some outragously overstated price! At least if their looking for a sucker.... give more then a one liner! haha

Domain Days 2024

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dcristo said:
You email a webmaster directly inquiring about a domain, they get back to you stating to make an offer, I then go ahead and ask for a ballpark figure, and then u get this one liner with some outragously overstated price! At least if their looking for a sucker.... give more then a one liner! haha

Maybe it's overstated to you, but not to them. Nobody is obligated to sell you a domain for a price that YOU feel is right. It's their name.

Shaun

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dcristo said:

You must have emailed me.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aactive said:
Maybe it's overstated to you, but not to them. Nobody is obligated to sell you a domain for a price that YOU feel is right. It's their name.

Shaun

I understand where u are coming from, but at times there are obvious overstated prices. Each to their own I guess.

Fearless said:
You must have emailed me.

Please put me on your ignore list. j/ks :-D

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, people have emailed me for domain quotes before, and if it's a name I don't want to sell, half the time they ask for a price anyway. So I name a huge number. Sometimes if you aren't selling, you aren't selling. I'd be surprised if someone ever said OK to the huge number, but even so, if they did I guess I would sell, but it's not something I'm shooting for, trying for, or working towards in any way. There are some names that just aren't for sale. There are also some names that are worth more the the owner than they are to interested parties. It's the owners right to say yes or no.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
007 said:
Well, people have emailed me for domain quotes before, and if it's a name I don't want to sell, half the time they ask for a price anyway. So I name a huge number. Sometimes if you aren't selling, you aren't selling. I'd be surprised if someone ever said OK to the huge number, but even so, if they did I guess I would sell, but it's not something I'm shooting for, trying for, or working towards in any way. There are some names that just aren't for sale. There are also some names that are worth more the the owner than they are to interested parties. It's the owners right to say yes or no.

Understandable.. the way I see it, if the domain is a keeper, the seller should make it know upfront they dont want to sell, so both the buyer/seller's time isnt wasted.

hysteriaweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dcristo said:

Prices are always higher once someone inquires about your domain name! :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom