Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Offers PetLovers.Com Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how much do you want for it?

Adam

dictionaryof said:
Greets,

Considering MID $xx,xxx OFFERS on:
http://www.PetLovers.Com/

"PetLovers.Com" has an overture w/ext of 2,275. The site is receiving approximately 800+ unique visitors per day and averages overs 7,000 page views per day.

Along with the forum and memberbase, the site also includes a number of "search engine helpful"book suggestion pages and 5 articles that we've had written with non-exclusive rights.

The site has "significant" ranking in Google for various pet terms:

pet lovers forums = #1
petlovers = #1
pet lovers gifts = #4
pet lover gifts = #4
pet lovers = #6
pet lovers forum = #6
pet lover = #6
pet lover forum = #7

bird books = #33
books about dogs = #106
cat books = #22
dog books = #134
fish books = #45
free pet forums = #30
horse books = #122
pet answers = #2
pet central = #19
pet forums = #70
petlovers forum = #15

(Note: Rankings vary as google dances ;-))

PetLovers.Com also comes up for very specific pet related topics on MSN and other engines due to the postings made by our members. Since many pet owners have the same problems and search for them, it does bring a lot of new people.

Since the inception of Adsense's channels, we know PetLovers.Com adsense listings generate approx $275 per month... We do *spend* about that much ($275) back to Adwords for $0.05 per click terms like "pet lover" and similair to bring around 200 visitors in each day. The majority of traffic comes from type-ins to the PetLovers.Com domain name.

It runs on vBull 3.0+ and we recently used vBulletin's subscription system add a $25 per year membership with very basic extras like more PM space and attachment space. We've had 3 takers on that since it was added 3 weeks ago. More promotion and added benefits (since most don't need the extra space) for the membership still need to be built before attracting more members to it.

Pricing for the site isn't based on current revenue; Our revenue has only started to be generated in the past 2 or 3 months and the site is growing very quickly in popularity and activity.

We're looking for MID $xx,xxx+ offers for the site and all it's contents. I do have Webalyzer stats that I will provide to anyone who makes a serious offer.

I encourage you to visit and look over the forum. You'll find it to be one of the most active forums that's been offered for sale on DNForum. And, I'd invite any PetLovers to join in over at the site. :)

Please PM with offers.

Thanks,
~~Kenn

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm very interested in buying forums like this, but don't understand how you arrived at the idea that you can get MID $xx,xxx+ for it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what's being sold. For example, I recently purchased a forum site about five times as large, on a similar niche topic and paid low $x,xxx for it. Perhaps I misunderstand your profitibility, because it looks like you're spending much of your revenue on PPC campaigns, do you have a monthly profit figure? Or, maybe I don't understand what elses included? I see the forum itself, and five "non-exclusive" articles?

I'm not trying to bash, I'd love to buy a forum like that, I just don't understand why you ask such a price?

Light

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is an awesome domain name! That's how he can ask for that amount of money for it.

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dictionaryof said:
Greets,

What was the overture with extension (aka type-ins) for the forum you purchased? Also, for 5 times the size, I'm curious as to when was it established?

5,805. Waybackmachine is broke, so I can't check when exactly that site was started, first posts on the current forum seem to be early 2001.

dictionaryof

Longtime DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you'd like to sell it, PM me some info. ;-) I may have interest.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very nice Ken, I have just started to develop( first attempt!) Dog.net, would be happy to eventually get similar results.

Good luck

dictionaryof

Longtime DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Considering offers of MID $xx,xxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom