Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Phantom of the Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbt

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just saw Phantom of the Opera (the movie ), it was excellent. I highly recommend it to all of you. It follows pretty closely with the broadway production. The songs are excellent, and I've already ordered the CD for the songs (not something I would do with all movies).
Most of the dialogue is in songs, so don't be surprised. :-D

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
“The Phantom of the Opera” is definitely an Andrew Lloyd Webber classic.

I saw a live performance, and it was spectacular.

Interesting plot with wonderful music!

tbt

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the live performance too. The movie helped me to understand the play better. I'm still not sure who the old man and old lady at the auction were though..

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tbt said:
Yeah, I saw the live performance too. The movie helped me to understand the play better. I'm still not sure who the old man and old lady at the auction were though..

I watched this movie like 3 weeks ago. Never see its musical performance yet. I love Phantom of the Opera after watching.

I quickly download the whole song album after the movie that day.

And i change my ringtone to Masquerade...hehe

The old man at the auction is Raoul.
The old lady should be Meg (Christine's friend).

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm worried after seeing it live a half dozen times in different venues that the movie will be a disappointment. I can still remember the "fog" rolling off the stage and over our seats when I last saw it in Chicago. A movie just can't do that...

Vivvy

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Watched the stage version a few times in different places and all were really good.
But the performance that tops its all is the one I watched in London over a decade back with Michael Crawford (The Phantom) and Sarah Brightman (Christine) as the leads, and I don't think it gets any better than that.

As for the movie, I really don't think it would even come close. To me The Phantom of the Opera without Michael Crawford it simply not good enough.

tbt

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes but I do have to admit that the lady that played Christine (Emmy Rossum) did it well, and also at the age of 17.

Raizan

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Vivvy said:
I'm worried after seeing it live a half dozen times in different venues that the movie will be a disappointment. I can still remember the "fog" rolling off the stage and over our seats when I last saw it in Chicago. A movie just can't do that...

Vivvy

Hehe, you certainly have a nice point there, I watched the live performance a few times and just fell in love with it.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unholy1 said:
To me The Phantom of the Opera without Michael Crawford it simply not good enough.
Or like Evita without Mandy Patinkin. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom