Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Phone call from GoDaddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it normal to get a phone call (they left a voicemail) from Godaddy a few days after you create your account? Someone named Bruce called me claiming he was with Godaddy and asking me about the service and had some promotional codes.

Seemed like a normal customer satisfaction survey call to me, but I haven't seen a company being this proactive with this.

Domain Days 2024

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Draggar,

Yes, GD has been making calls for at least the last year, year and a half.

Stuart.

etphotog

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes they do. They seem to be customer service centered. I'd call Bruce back a get the codes.

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty cool, wonder what happens if you give a wrong phone number, in my case I don't got a phone so I made one up :(

noncompare

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's GoDaddy marketing for you. There was a time when they'd throw countless ads in your face whenever you tried to do anything at their site. Now it's toned done on those but from this it appears their overactive marketing machine is still working.

replic8te

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dont forget they also call to make sure you are aware of all the benefits of things like the domain discount club, or any other extras that make sense in reducing your fees. We are all ants in their sales funnel, but the service I find great and their suggestions do same me money.... damned if you do, damned if you dont, eh.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanx for the info and if Bruce is here, or someone who works with him, tell him I'm, sorry I didn't call him back, I wasn't sure if the call was legit or not.

Eh, I doubt he even remembers calling me now, just another one of those outbound calls to him. :)

trixtee

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yup, they call every new customer who purchased online, or recently had things auto renew. with a US based telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom