Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Photographers take note! Use any lens on this new camera...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Samsung unveils the next generation of camera – the NX10

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/samsungnx10/

Its a 14.6 megapixal Camera from Samsung, mirrorless, and Four-Thirds size of a DSLR.

What is so great about this is you can get an adaptor for the camera TO FIT NEARLY ANY LINE OF LENS MANUFACTURERS! I have seen several articles that mention any camera mount (a proprietary adaptor).

This is so cool. I have tons of 35mm high quality Canon glass that I have not used in eons.

I now shoot mostly Sony DSLR 14mpx and up using Sony and Konika/Minolta top quality optics.

So for an extra DSLR to have an use all those lenses, this is perhaps now a rather affordable $650 to your current line.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The 4/3 system is interesting, and I almost bought a Lumix G1, but ended buying a Canon 50D for the quality... it's bulkier but oh well... I got used to it.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Megapixel on this promoted is good.

The DSLR are just getting crazy and crazier with 40+ megapixel

I'll buy one when I have a full time job with Sports Illustrated or National Geographic.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More important than the megapixel number is the quality of the lenses. Buying the camera is just the beginning... after that you will want a prime, telephoto or macro lens, flashes, adapters, etc... I've spent around $3000 and I still need one more (Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro).

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You still got some decent pics but it does seem to be a lens issue (as well as your camera if you do not like it).

You need a quality fast lens that you can capture these peeps without the blurs and out of focus.

Should set you back about 5 grand.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

More important than the megapixel number is the quality of the lenses. Buying the camera is just the beginning... after that you will want a prime, telephoto or macro lens, flashes, adapters, etc... I've spent around $3000 and I still need one more (Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro).
That is what I like about this camera and adapter. I have a ton of money in top canon glass. And now Konika/Minolta/Sony for my Sony Alpha's.

It aint cheap.

Sigma and tamron make decent after market quality stuff.

But you are correct, the glass is where its at.

I wish all mine were leica or something comparable.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

I shot photos at the Oscars Red Carpet and Vanity Fare party arrivals last weekend, and was not happy with my 40D. I'm considering a Canon 5D at this point, but I should have got it before the Oscars I guess.]
If you are thinking of making a change,

and if you continue to take great shots, make a BIG change.

I have too many friends that use the new Canon DSLR stuff and end up hating it. Spots in the images cause by the sensor or something like that.

IF you can, go up to Nikon or even Hassleblad.

Panasonic has also come out with a DSLR. I would love to try it. They use leica lenses (interchangeable)

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-...-Cameras.list.75048_11002_7000000000000005702

I took one of their Lumix models to Italy with me and it performed superb with many stunning images.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You still got some decent pics but it does seem to be a lens issue (as well as your camera if you do not like it).

You need a quality fast lens that you can capture these peeps without the blurs and out of focus.

Should set you back about 5 grand.

Actually I think a lot of it was the weird lights and metering issues. Each TV station had their own set of lights facing my position almost direction, and I think they were all different temperatures. We also went from bright sunlight through the plastic covering to dark clouds, deep shadows, and a brief hard rain as the stars came through, making everything very unpredicatable. Then of course I'm shooting freehand (no tripod or monopod allowed in my section) at distances up to 100'. I expected to lose some shots because of that, but not as many as I did.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The 40D is a nice camera, not the best of course, couldn't be at the price it used to cost, but it's good, depending on the situation. Without monopod or tripod you need a nice lens with IS or a very fast one, with one of those the 40D should have taken care of the situation.

I also have a budget 70-300 LD Di (there are worse models) Tamron lens, it's good for semi-macro but of course it's very quality limited above 200mm for big zooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom