Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Picking up previous sales at drop time

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I can think of a more rewarding process than selling a particular name for a nice profit, waiting a nominal time period and picking it up off a drop for pennies on the dollar.

This has happened to me a couple times now and I was wondering how often does this happens to all of you? Any remarkable turnarounds?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you mean.. how many times people manually register a domain without using a drop catching service... and later on end up turning in a nice profit? i don't think it happends too often anymore.... such occurences are rare this days.... even the crappy names are snapped up the second they expire by enom or godaddy for example.... why risk it.. that is the question? if you know the domain is good and carries some value to it then whats $20 or $60 if your going to turn in a profit one way or another for sure!?

just doesn't really make much sense, hoping to get lucky in this domain game.. :eek:k:

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
you mean.. how many times people manually register a domain without using a drop catching service... and later on end up turning in a nice profit? i don't think it happends too often anymore.... such occurences are rare this days.... even the crappy names are snapped up the second they expire by enom or godaddy for example.... why risk it.. that is the question? if you know the domain is good and carries some value to it then whats $20 or $60 if your going to turn in a profit one way or another for sure!?

just doesn't really make much sense, hoping to get lucky in this domain game.. :eek:k:

I don't think that's what he meant...

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ahhh.. i get it now, my apologies... i misread :smartass:

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think he means ...

he sells a domain, it then expires, then he picks it up when it drops and hopes to sell it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom