Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Pissed off

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Godaddy needs to change their auction policies asap. Long story short, I had purchased 2 names from the auction site with the buy it now option. Both names were paid in full at the time of the transaction. Both names totaled around $1000, "killer names for the price". Its now 3 weeks later and nothing. I followed Godaddys advise and proceded to contact the sellers by email through the auction area. Not only did I do that twice each, but I went to the who.is emails and also made contact. No responses at all from either parties. So now Im fustrated and contact Godaddy again. Their response was to contact the disputes department and advise them. And of course, they are only accessible by email. So I proceed with the email, and get a response that I need to contact domain management. "the original people I talked to" So now I contact them ONCE AGAIN, and they tell me to resend the same email I originally sent back to the dispute site. What a joke!! They also told me that they have also tried to contact the sellers with no response. At this point I told them to just refund me my money. Their response was, we cannot do that at this time, we will have the auction site contact you via email. BULL****!! So basically they are just holding my money up. It like buying a new car paid in full, and the dealership telling you we cant find the car you just purchased and we are not refunding your money. What a load of crap. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant. LOL

KMP

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are enough domainers frustrated with these big inefficient companies to cry you a bucket of sympathy. Perhaps in the future, a David/superman-like entrepreneur will take matters into his or her own elephant-bone-crushing hands and start up a small inefficient company to give the Goliath GoDaddies of this world a run for their (our) money ...

Meanwhile, we're stuck with what's out there.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wasn't happy with their recent support either. They need to train their support team to read the e-mails.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me. Beware if the domain is not registered at GoDaddy. You only have a couple of days to dispute the auction or GD will release the funds to the seller. The sellers will either not respond or play dumb long enough for the funds to be released. This is a flawed system for sure, and I was equally as pissed off when it happened to me. I hope you don't lose your money...

kmp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me. Beware if the domain is not registered at GoDaddy. You only have a couple of days to dispute the auction or GD will release the funds to the seller. The sellers will either not respond or play dumb long enough for the funds to be released. This is a flawed system for sure, and I was equally as pissed off when it happened to me. I hope you don't lose your money...

I advised them multiple times not to release the funds. Siletg said it perfect. They need to train their people better. It was like talking to one of my 16 month old twins when dealing with their support. If the funds get released, Im taking a ride to Scottsdale. Anyone what to come? LOL

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Talking of support, I have executive account with Godaddy. Yes, it sounds good when they assigned you an account manager. At first when they set me an account manger, I had special treatment. When email my account executive, response quickly usually no later than the next day. And the pricing use to be good. Lately, the price has much higher than what it use to be. And also, when i email my account manger of any questions, I don't get response. What a bummer.

I hope you get your money back.

One time I bid on an expired domain auction. Two days before the auction ended, I checked the bid history, and it was gone. Then, I saw the name got transferred from GD to another account at another registrar. Godaddy didn't tell me why the auctioned name got cancelled and why it was transferred to a new owner at another registrar, rather than me. What's going on?

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Price is still better then the competition!

I would never purchase a domain from another reseller through godaddy. I prefer to use the expired auction list. To many fraudulent shill bidders flood tdnam.

Talking of support, I have executive account with Godaddy. Yes, it sounds good when they assigned you an account manager. At first when they set me an account manger, I had special treatment. When email my account executive, response quickly usually no later than the next day. And the pricing use to be good. Lately, the price has much higher than what it use to be. And also, when i email my account manger of any questions, I don't get response. What a bummer.

I hope you get your money back.

One time I bid on an expired domain auction. Two days before the auction ended, I checked the bid history, and it was gone. Then, I saw the name got transferred from GD to another account at another registrar. Godaddy didn't tell me why the auctioned name got cancelled and why it was transferred to a new owner at another registrar, rather than me. What's going on?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom