Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Please Change the Rule on Disclosing Domain/URL Being Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

moniker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"'The complete / unedited domain name must be shown in the initial post and title so potential buyers are able to verify the name is the same name as indicated in stats.'"

I believe in some situations sellers have good reasons to be more private about their names and imposing this rule on people unnecessarily stifles commerce and prevents incremental win-win transactions from happening here. Both stats and the name can be provided to interested buyers via PM.

Upvote 0

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No way. Only people dumping junk domains have a problem with making it clear with they are selling.

We all remember the "ultra premium domain 4 sale" titles, then you open the thread to see lists of domains like "ebayrichbiz4u.biz".

"'The complete / unedited domain name must be shown in the initial post and title so potential buyers are able to verify the name is the same name as indicated in stats.'"

I believe in some situations sellers have good reasons to be more private about their names and imposing this rule on people unnecessarily stifles commerce and prevents incremental win-win transactions from happening here. Both stats and the name can be provided to interested buyers via PM.

Last edited:

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
H*ll no. It's impossible to browse which names are for sale if all the threads are titled "Super premium LLL names" (names actually for sale: qxx.tl zqo.biz s8q.net etc) and "Premium 1-word .com" (name actually for sale: spacefluxrotations.com). ;)

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has been discussed ad nauseum here in the past. I agree completely with stian & JuniperPark. Most of us don't want to spend our day opening 100 useless threads just to find one decent name. If you don't want to have the name in the title, get an exclusive membership & list them in the exclusive names for sale.

moniker

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I definitely see your point guys but it doesn't have to be all black or all white. There can be a sub-forum for domain sales with no domain in the title. Like I said there are some good reasons not to disclose it in the title or maybe even in the post. One of the most obvious reasons is sales of typo names.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I definitely see your point guys but it doesn't have to be all black or all white. There can be a sub-forum for domain sales with no domain in the title. Like I said there are some good reasons not to disclose it in the title or maybe even in the post. One of the most obvious reasons is sales of typo names.

There is already such a forum:

http://www.dnforum.com/f525/

Besides, I think selling of typos and obvious TMs should be banned.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Upgrade to Exclusive, then you can take advantage of the subforum that doesn't have such a requirement.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For typo domains, DP sounds like the place :)
or Bido perhaps.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No way, I am not clicking through each sale threads on my mobile phone. It'll take me years.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

if you are not disclosing the domain name in title or even in the post, that would make it easier to sell stolen names.

also, forum staff doesn't get involved in pm deals, so you'd have no recourse "if" there was a problem later.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro and Stian got it right.

Such a forum exists. Just to a more limited crowd. This is because not just anybody should be able to benefit from these more relaxed restrictions.

If you're really serious, you'll upgrade to an exclusive memberhsip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom