Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

please explain to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i guess i still dont quite get it. a name like yxj.com or qkyz.com will go for more money than say 10pm.com- because the latter is a NNLL-

and i still dont get it ;-( to me, i would rather own and develop that which people can read, spell, and repeat to others with ease- not just have a meaningless 3-4 character thing.

why exactly is this like this? why are buyers so intent on stupid names, and not names that make some sort of sense?

Domain Days 2024

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Decided by the majority - A name is good if it's either all Letter or Number.
Mixed & Matched are not always good - There are some exceptions like
W3MD.com and W3RX.com have better value than 4-letter or 4-number .com - IMHO.

No one is stupid - It's the market trend.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok- i guess what i want to know is- WHY is this the market trend? if usatoday offered you a free full page ad, just once- to advertise one domain- would you use kqzj.com, or 20ft.com? which would most likly be a name that poeple could remember when they put the paper down? i thought things like that is what drove market trends....
what is everyone going to do with all these names that make no sense? you never see a commercial for any of them, there arent many popular sites using them... thats what i dont get. there have been rules around since the beginning of time on marketing, and a good solid name is part of that mix- what exactly is the lure here that started this market trend?

H

H2FC

Don't forget the H2 names. H2 of course stands for hydrogen and thats beginning to be a very hot commodity and will continue as long as we have high gas prices and global warming. Hydrogen is being promoted worldwide as our next fuel source. I don't know about the high gas prices but global warming is not likely to end in our life times.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and i apologize- i didnt say anyone was stupid at all- the names to me are- just as i am sure some of mine would be to someone else.

H

H2FC

To answer your question more specifically I believe the value of 3 and 4 letter names have everything to do with synonyms and abbreviations. People want shorter names and thats why they're used a lot....and therefore more valuable.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Something that may make sense to you but not to some one else.

A lot of people like silver but they're cheaper than gold.

What you like has nothing to do with the market.

The market is where the buyer & seller meet to agree to buy/sell something.

The domain market is a totally different animal. I don't care what people said but there is NO SUCH THING is Domain appraisal.

The Price is established when there is a buyer.

End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom