Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Please help and beware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo78

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I noticed some of my names, in EVERY registrar, were missing. I've since been in contact with my account managers (and some others to say the least) to have them help me recover my names.

So far I've only been able to get one name back and it's been a few weeks which is very concerning.

What can I do to get my names back? Do I have to hire a lawyer and go after the thief?

Also, some of the registrars are letting me fend for myself saying 'we're not getting involved' while others like Godaddy and Moniker are working on getting my names back instead of shrugging their shoulders. I'll keep you posted.....

BTW: The names are now registered to this person which won't respond to my attempts at contacting him. BEWARE!!

Bhushan Shimpi ([email protected])

Maharashtra,400607
IN

If anyone has any information on this person please let me know and any help you can give is appreciated.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1) First of all, clean your system with few antiviruses (KAV, AVG, Avira)
2) Change all registrar passwords now
3) Change all email passwords now

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What are a few of these domains?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many domains were missing?

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do I have to hire a lawyer and go after the thief?

It depends upon the registrar. As you noted, GoDaddy and Moniker are working with you on it. I've heard that GoDaddy is pretty good with getting back stolen names, and I know for a fact that Moniker exercises excellent ethics in this regard.

On the other hand, there are other registrars that are ... shall we say ... more dismissive and arrogant. In situations like that, I've filed suit on behalf of the former domain registrant against the bad guy and gotten a quick court order to return the domain.

Bottom line, if your domain is registered with an arrogant registrar, yes, you will need to file a complaint and seek an injunction. If your domain is registered with an ethical registrar, you don't need legal assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom