Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Please Help - Can ISP Do Anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have this kid on my forum making personal attacks toward other members and generally just being a wank. He is hiding under different usernames to try and hide his identity but I know who it is. Can anyone tell me if approaching their ISP to try and take them down will do anything. Or am I wasting my time even pursuing this with their ISP?

Domain Days 2024

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check the IP from which he logs in from and if it's the same one as the other usernames, try blocking it...

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Check the IP from which he logs in from and if it's the same one as the other usernames, try blocking it...

Same C-class IP range, but it ranges so I can't block any one specific IP address. I want to stop this fool.

Does the Cpanel IP Deny Manager allow you to block using wildcards, do you know?

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you have the cpanel, then you can block the ip address !:rip:

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Too bad, I see ! Everytime you have to block the ip address.....It's waste lots time....... Let's me see....:cell:

That won't solve it. Even static IP connections generate new IP addresses, so...

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
No problem....dcristo ! My pleasure !
I hope you can solve this dilemma pretty soon ! :pray:

I have to look into it, thanks for your help man.

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have you determined whether the originiating IP address looks like its from an ISP or a proxy? Are there other legitimate users using the same ISP?

One option could be that if you don't have other users from that ISP, block everything from that ISP for a few days or a week and hope the guy gives up after your site doesn't work for a few days?

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you determined whether the originiating IP address looks like its from an ISP or a proxy? Are there other legitimate users using the same ISP?

One option could be that if you don't have other users from that ISP, block everything from that ISP for a few days or a week and hope the guy gives up after your site doesn't work for a few days?

Hi,

The IP address resolves to a hostname. There are other forum users on the same C-Class IP block though.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good idea ! :whoo:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The IP address resolves to a hostname. There are other forum users on the same C-Class IP block though.
That's a problem. Not much you can do in this case; either block access to the other good members using that host or ban the IP C class and get rid of him. Personally, I'd just keep banning him -- he'll soon tire. And while you're at it, find out everything you can about him and keep a note of all the email addresses he signs up with. Google for his username and email addresses. Let him know you're 'on his case'. Etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom