Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Please help me with a payment question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssanders

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im selling a domain for $375... whats the best way to do this with security for both of us...

He doesn't want to do a check because then i could run off with his money

I'm afraid of paypal because i hear about stolen accounts alot, and I dont want to lose the money and domain.

What's the best way to go about this?

Will paypal cover it? How can I figure out if its a legit account?

Thanks.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like escrow.com is the best way to go, costing around $25. If he isn't happy paying by check, then you could always ask him to pay the fee, or maybe go 50/50.

sedo's service would be a bit expensive as the minimum is US$50 (except for domains parked with them).

p.s. I have never been paid for a domain by paypal and then found out the account is a bad one, and I expect this is probably the experience of most people on the forum.

If there are special factors which make the purchaser look suspicious, that would of course be different.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would probably go with sedo.com even though they may be more expensive than escrow.com; sedo will probably have you transfer ownership to them and then they will transfer it to the new owner after funds are received from him and then will disburse to you by check, paypal or wire etc.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just for kicks, the domain was the one I was trying to sell here a while back that some of you laughed at me for:

It's hard to speculate, and we just give our best idea's.

BTW, I always just use paypal on sales and never have had any problems. Paypal give's your cash back as long as you put "goods" in the "item" so I hear.

romow

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is escrow.com doing things differently?

mark said:
i would probably go with sedo.com even though they may be more expensive than escrow.com; sedo will probably have you transfer ownership to them and then they will transfer it to the new owner after funds are received from him and then will disburse to you by check, paypal or wire etc.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, there are quite a few differences.

Some of them include that with sedo there is the possibility of transferring direct to the purchaser, or you can transfer to sedo (depending on circumstances).

With escrow.com there is no way you can transfer the domain to escrow.com.

With sedo you always deal with a real person, whereas with escrow you deal with an automated system and never with a person unless something goes wrong.

Escrow.com recently have been slow in making payments on several occasions with no apparent reason. Whereas for non sedo-listed domains, sedo have been paying me very promptly.

Escrow.com charge a US$40 for international wires. Sedo don't charge me for wiring me the funds.

Escrow.com have a minimum fee of around US$25. Sedo's minimum is US$50 if the transaction in in US$. (50 Euros if the transaction is in Euros and £50 if the transaction is in GBP).

I'm just talking about their "external" transfer system. Not for transfers that are for sales of names listed at sedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom