Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

please help with value

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaska56

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am intrested in a domain that is up for auction.

Fishingalaska.com

Well I live in alaska and I am intrested in this domain for many reasons.
The Bidding is upto $600.00

I have some plans to develop it a bit for a year or so. Then sell it.

Is this a domain that is worth 1000.00+

Should I be prepaired to bid this high?

I know I am probally drawing more attention to it and will most likely not get the name because I am a bit of a newbee. I was just needing some hand holding, because if I win this auction it will be the most I have ever paid for a domain above reg fee. and 1000.00+ is a lot more than 8.88

Thanks

Aalska56...

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seeing as there are only Google searches for this name:
http://www.google.com/search?q="fishing%20alaska"
and no Overture searches I would advise against purchasing the domain for such a price. You can get much better domains for the money. For $1,000 you can get a solid name with a high PR

Hope it helps

alaska56

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FMS said:
Seeing as there are only Google searches for this name:
http://www.google.com/search?q="fishing%20alaska"
and no Overture searches I would advise against purchasing the domain for such a price. You can get much better domains for the money. For $1,000 you can get a solid name with a high PR

Hope it helps

Well this helps a bunch.

Fishing and fish are one of alaskas main draws though.

And fishingalaska and alaskafishing are taken in every major TDL

Its a major part of our economy commercial fishing charter, lake, river and ocean fishing.

Thank for your help and I will think it over some more tonight as tomorrow is the last day of biding

Its up to 850 or so with only three people bidding at a closed auction at pool.

Thanks for your time.

alaska56...

FMS

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was not aware you were in Alaska and planning to develop the site. If you are planning on developing the site and it relates to your business, then by all means go for it.

If you were purchasing the domain only as an investment for resale I would advise against it. However, if you are using the domain for your business then one cannot put a price on it, as only you know if you will recoop your investment through your business. Then I would go for it.

Hope this helps.

alaska56

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FMS said:
I was not aware you were in Alaska and planning to develop the site. If you are planning on developing the site and it relates to your business, then by all means go for it.

If you were purchasing the domain only as an investment for resale I would advise against it. However, if you are using the domain for your business then one cannot put a price on it, as only you know if you will recoop your investment through your business. Then I would go for it.

Hope this helps.

Well It is not exactly for my Business. I would probally only mildly develop it and then resell it. I am just closer to the ones that need it, being in alaska and all. Almost every one I know is in the fishing industry in one way or another. So in all reality I was just looking for a resell oppertunity.

You gave just fine advise.

Thanks for taking your time to post.

Alaska56...

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
where you at in alaska I did a tour at clear AFS just outside nenana, now I have to drive 6 hours to lake ontario to go salmon fishing, I have a few names from alaska I am holding
mountdenali.com
alaskaaccomodations.com
anwaralaska.com
anwralaska.com
anwarjobs.com
anwar-alaska.com and a few others, the anwar names are picking up traffic now that oil is almost 50 dollars a barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom