Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Please read this article Re: eNOM & NetSol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dealster

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just received an email this morning that had this link in it: http://www.domainnewsnet.com/ and it suggested that I read an article regarding eNom and NetSol and how the reseller's market could be in trouble. It's a long article, but I believe well worth reading. I would be interested to hear your comments after reading this as it could have a major impact on our business (or hobby).

Thanks,

Randy "Dealster"

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I read it. Got the email spam too. It was garbage. Delete.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is something not quite right about this one - domainnewsnet has come up before and its "owner" has caused grief on every forum he visits - he has a grievance against Enom and the whole Enom reseller scheme. Members here will remember the whole bill.com ravings.

I have been the subject of receiving stolen domain names that were transferred to Enom (not from Netsol) but all of my investigations failed to find any culpability on Enom's part and rather identified carelessness on the part of the original owner in caring for another domain which had his Admin email address. The loss of the Admin email address meant that the scammer, who was from Sweden and once an active Platinum member here, (do I hear 3 cheers for the prospect of validating identities?), was able to syphon off the domains from the previous Registrar, appearing to be the legal owner, and transfer them to an Enom account.

The original owner and myself have been in communication with one another and the FBI and UK Police are now involved. The domains are currently in my care and I have recovered my money.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This guy is clearly a nutcase with a grudge. When he was a member here that was obvious, and he clearly has not gotten any better.

Rule of thumb: anything that comes from AIS is not worth your time.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Eesh. I couldn't make it all the way through that article, gave me a headache trying to follow the logic. AIS... sounds familiar. :: shrug:: Must be nothing.

I will have to say, that more than anything mentioned in the article, the recent court-cases regarding Sex.com can have important implications to the reseller market.
http://www.law.duke.edu/journals/dltr/articles/2001dltr0032.html
"Are Domain Names Property"
http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,59788,00.html
"After a federal judge in San Jose, California, rejected his claims against Network Solutions, Kremen appealed. He argued that the court had erred in ruling that domain names are a form of intangible property not eligible for damages. [-snip-]"The law has always required people who are protecting property to do so. Whether you're a coat-check person or you're running a car lot, you're obligated to protect people's property," he said. "All this case does in one sense is apply those rules to electronic property."

Network Solutions had previously asserted that implications of an unfavorable ruling would cause an increase in costs for liability insurance, etc, against these type of circumstances... and thereby an increase passed down to customers (and shared by all registrars).

I don't think that website's article added much to the issue that benefits the public more than the publisher.

~ Nexus

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This guy is the notorious CEO-AIS who has been banned from every domain forum on the internet for blatant profanity, racism and unbridled ignorance. He is a complete idiot who spews nothing but nonsense. Other than that I have nothing bad to say about the guy. :)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
This guy is the notorious CEO-AIS who has been banned from every domain forum on the internet for blatant profanity, racism and unbridled ignorance. He is a complete idiot who spews nothing but nonsense. Other than that I have nothing bad to say about the guy. :)

Seems fair :laugh:

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I only read the DNJ. Still can't find the sports section though.

Dealster

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the input! This member must be an experience I missed by not joining prior to May of this year. With my savings tied up in 700+/- domains & websites, articles like this get my attention. An Webname, thanks for that eBay link. It seems that eNom & NetSol would have some grounds for a lawsuit there.

Again, thanks to you all for your background information on this.

Randy "Dealster"

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dealster
It seems that eNom & NetSol would have some grounds for a lawsuit there.

my thoughts too - it would actually be nice to see that happen

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got that spam too, grrrr.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I got the email I went to the site and began to read the article. I mean the subject had me curious.
It was almost immediately apparent the article was not written by an objective third party. IT was more of an advertisement than anything else. A poorly written advertisement at that.

M

mole

Moral of the story : Always use disposable emails when you sign up for forums so you can track the source culprit. Spamex.com is good.

With regards to the subject of this thread, all I can say is please stop propagating trash.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Amazing!!! The saga with this fellow goes on -

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guh..

I also got it...

How can he offer Logo Design services with such bad logos and some of the worst webdesign I have ever seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom