Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Please Review My Sales Copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to auction off Hard-Drive.com and would like some input on my sales copy (rough draft). Please let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Shane

The Auction

Up for auction is Hard-Drive.com. I would be hard pressed to find a higher quality hyphenated domain on the market today. Hyphenated domains have a certain taboo among domainers, but in reality there is a huge market for these undervalued assets. Luckily, that feeling is not shared by one of the biggest domain markets in the world! It is reported that half of Germany’s (.de) registrations are hyphenated.

Hyphenated Domain Sales

Huge hyphenated sales are not unprecedented. The top hyphenated sale was for the domain Hotel-Reservations.com, which was purchased by a German company for $209,916. While this is the highest hyphenated domain sale reported it is indicative of the increasingly growing market for hyphenated domains. The previously mentioned sale may be seen as an anomaly, but many hyphenated domains sell for four to five figures. Some examples include Rental-Cars.com ($12,550), Mortgage-Calculator.co.uk ($12,500), Date-Me.com ($10,000), E-Bike ($10,000), Metro-Properties.com ($10,000) and Classic-Cars.com ($8,000). It is important to note, that these represent only a fraction of the reported hyphenated sales.

About The Domain

The domain is currently registered at GoDaddy. Hard-Drive.com has been continuously registered since December 1st, 1995. The domain is registered until November 20th, 2015.

Hard Drive receives 110,000 exact monthly searches, according to the Google’s Keyword Planner. External Hard Drive receives an astounding 201,000 exact monthly searches. It is quite clear that there are millions of individuals researching and purchasing hard drives every year.

The Terms

Escrow.com will facilitate the transaction. The winning bidder is responsible for 100% of the escrow fees. The domain will be pushed to the winning bidders GoDaddy account, which can be opened for free.

Domain summit 2024

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
KISS, a top 5 rule in sales..... Too long and you eventually loss the attention of the reader... When selling a product you never want to cast doubt amongst the product...The Auction and Hyphenated Domain Sales sections does just that... And, you are using too many "big" words, you have to remember that not all domain buyers are native English speakers and although English is the language of business, this is a global industry....

What if I don't like GoDaddy? Why not mention, the domain can be transferred to any registrar.... Just KISS

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I usually keep my sales copy short but I have noticed a trend - the longer sales copy seems to perform better at auction.

The transfer is probably a good idea. That would open the domain up to more potential buyers.

Thanks for your input!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thread Closed - This is a considered promotion for a specific domain, regardless to whether you need help writing a sales pitch or not. it's only more exposure for your purpose.

you are not offering any pay or free service, etc, in turn for the help.

better to use examples of other content in successful sales threads or what's seen on auction platforms.

next time, don't use the name

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators