Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Please show me the rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I already PM'ed Don about this. I think that with established members, like Duke, it doesn't really matter how old the thread has been, as long as the domain is still in their hands. I checked the WHOIS info before posting "sold".

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I agree; I didn't notice Duke's 48 hour window, to be honest. But it resulted in a sale and I am very pleased :-D

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think sale thread can be consider close after like maybe 1 week.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you read the thread you referenced, Duke said the sale was for 48 hours, and it was from October 2004.

With older threads you may want to contact the seller before posting, as there are no forum rules for sale length, just common sense, like an old classified ad.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
as there are no forum rules for sale length, just common sense
Exactly what I was about to post. On another forum that I also help moderate, there's a line in the rules that says:

Participants should use common sense. We don't have a written policy for everything.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A four month old thread cannot be considered outside "common sense", when there were no replies to it and the WHOIS of the domain in question shows that the seller still owns the domain.

There are ways to enforce this within vBulletin if you must, by pruning old threads or auto-locking them after a while.

Regardless, next time I will just use the PM function. I responded here only because someone else used "common sense" as well, and started this thread.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
If you read the thread you referenced, Duke said the sale was for 48 hours, and it was from October 2004

Wouldn't seem to me that a rule would be needed in these circumstances - seller made the sale terms clear, if it was posted as available for 48 hours nobody should assume that it was still live 3 months later.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A "sale" entails several parameters, the most obvious being availability and the asking price. I was able to buy the domain at a different price; therefore I engaged in a sale that differed from the one advertised.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess a thread can remain open for an indefinate period of time, however, even if the seller still owns the domains he/she should reserve the right to decline the purchase. Obviously domain values change, and some unsold domains may become projects..

I'm sure there are a few of us who would like to post SOLD in the thread on usenet selling music.net for $2000 in 1997 (it didn't sell)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom