Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Please turn auto-login back on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It sucks to have to manually log in every time! Please turn auto-login back on!

I thought this was a bug at first, so I filed a bug report. But there wasn't a response, so I have to assume manual login is now a 'feature'.

Upvote 0

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After several years of using DNF, something definately changed a week ago. I now have to log in manually each and every time. The "remember me" is already checked each time, but it doesn't work.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem, have had it pretty much since the hack. I thought it was the same for everyone. But when I was traveling I used a friends computer and auto-login worked for me there.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will get this checked and report back in the am.

-=DCG=-

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
works for me

i told u guys not to watch too much p*&n online, see what happens?! LOL, just kidding...

manually delete all cookies and cached internet files through your browsers, and check the security setting. make sure it's not high security. it may be changed to high after recent windows update etc.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My password stopped working today -- maybe from the testing. Anyway, I reset my password and still have the same problem.

Once I'm logged in I can use the system, which suggests to me DNF's software is setting temporary (session) cookies when it should be setting permanent cookies (that's what 'remember me' should force).

Others aren't having the problem (yet) until they change their passwords (that was forced on me).

Sorry, don't want to delete ALL my cookies, I use too many systems.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Scan your system for spyware and other suspicous software.
I run both IE and Firefox with no problem.
Remember to clear cache and cookies from your browser not from Windows Explorer.

Reboot is the keyword if all of the above failed.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My machine is used strictly for domaining and developing. no surfing.

I never have a problem with logging into my account here unless I'm forced to login while traveling. I think Johnn made a very good suggestion.

Jack

SharonTucci

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've done all the cleanup stuff but was never able to autologin since the major changes on IE. I come via firefox instead and no problems.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new IE is intrusive SharonTucci. I've considered reverting my machine back to win98 recently. I dont use firewalls or other protection and I've found it very hard with the newer winXP and IE7. I can only imagine the difficulty with Vista.

As for logging in here I have no probs. But with the popularity of vBulletin it wouldnt be a suprise to come across exloits picked up from the net.

Jack

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use Vista (not too excited about it yet) and IE7. I do not have many issues and none with DNF

SharonTucci

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The new IE is intrusive SharonTucci. I've considered reverting my machine back to win98 recently. I dont use firewalls or other protection and I've found it very hard with the newer winXP and IE7. I can only imagine the difficulty with Vista.

As for logging in here I have no probs. But with the popularity of vBulletin it wouldnt be a suprise to come across exloits picked up from the net.

Jack
Oh I didn't mean the problem is with Vista. I'm not running it on this machine. I meant that the problems started after the last major changes at the forum.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem got worse in the last couple of days --- I was trying to leave a window open for DNForum so I wouldn't have to re-login repeatedly, but that stopped working this week.

Now it says I've 'exceeded the number of posts that can be read as a guest and I need to create an account'. It even says this when I'm just doing a refresh from a screen I previously logged into, so that rules out any cookie issues on my end.

If it can count the number of screens viewed, cookies are working. That leaves a server-side sofware bug. I how this can get fixed.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
None of the suggestions have helped me solve this problem.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If there is no activity on my PC for an hour, DNF is logging me out everytime. I dont usually log-out since my system runs 24/7, and I have about 8-10 windows open. I noticed this happening the past few days, so something did change. :confused:

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HELLO DOMAIN FORUM ADMINS!!!!

You obviously have a software problem affecting many of your PAYING customers, and even worse it's affecting the customers that are CONTRIBUTING to your system with posts.

For at least the 4th time, I've completely lost a post because of this bug in YOUR software than logs me out instead of saving the post. The BACK button does not work because of your redirects, so the entire post is lost.

I'm not re-typing posts anymore. I'm going to continue to contribute more and more to other forums and spend less time here unless you folks decide to fix the problem. If it's not worth your time to fix the bugs, it's not worth my time to continue trying to post here.

You now have confirmed software failures on 2 of the most popular browsers -- IE6 and IE7, so it's not an "isolated incident". I don't have this problem on any other system.

This thread is over a month old, and I see a lot of cosmetic changes here, but bug fixes should ALWAYS be priority over cosmetic changes.

If there is no activity on my PC for an hour, DNF is logging me out everytime. I dont usually log-out since my system runs 24/7, and I have about 8-10 windows open. I noticed this happening the past few days, so something did change. :confused:

I'm getting logged out in far less than an hour.

Something absolutely DID change, it there seems to be a clear attempt to make this system much harder and more time-consuming to use.

Put this together with last month's purge of out private mailboxes without our consent and without appropriate notice, and the refusal of moderators to remove sales threads with false statements in the titles, and it all suggests it may be time to move on from DNF. This is just getting rediculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom