Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

PM box messages gone -- what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks like a couple hundred of my older PMs are now gone. What there a system failure or perhaps the system was hacked?

Upvote 0

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't get to read every single announcement every day. I think the purging of PMs of paid accounts was worthy of email warnings and warnings on the system itself. It's BIG news -- I've never, ever heard of a professional online system purging the private messages of paying clients, with or without notice.

Disk space is very cheap now -- a couple of dollars per gig -- I dout my PM box of text was more than a couple of cents' worth of storage space.

I lost a lot of important information that I can't recover.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is that what happened? I knew that I lost a lot of stored emails, but I didn't know why. Hmmm.

I

impactadmin

Yes we are working on it to restore the pms.

What we suggest is download the pms, because there will be a time where it will become absolutely mandatory to delete them because of the overall size on the DB.

Thank you

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I notice the PM's have been deleted.... but the amoutn of PM's counter hasn't been reset?? It still says I have 494 PM's; yet I don't.

SuccessClick

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your pms are important to you, copy and paste them into a PM Word file or database. Additionally, try and communicate through your regular emails in long discussions. It's not that smart leaving important communications in a pm box on a forum. I could be wrong, but that's just the feeling I get.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam says PMs can be restored mid-week.
Cool, thanks! I know I should have backed them up in a timely fashion, but I didn't. And come to think of it, my computer's HD also could use a good backup... :eek:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As an FYI, we are still in the restore stage, but will have an update soon.

-=DCG=-

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I notice the PM's have been deleted.... but the amoutn of PM's counter hasn't been reset?? It still says I have 494 PM's; yet I don't.

Still seeing this......

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I definitely need access to my old PM's since we never got one alerting us to the fact they were getting "deleted"...alot of stuff I want to save and I'm sure many others do..please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom