Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

PM box

Status
Not open for further replies.

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe I am not the first one to mention this issue –how about a forward funtion for members to backup their pms?

To my expriences, about 15%-20% members' pm boxes are full and cannot receive new mails.

Upvote 0
S

Sammy

Keep in mind that if you clean out the sent items, this will usually free up plenty of space to receive new ones.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also worth noting, VBulletin 3.0 has these features.
Hopefully DNF will be upgrading when it arrives.

~ Nexus

ChaChing

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you have to be a paying registered member to be able to view your private message box?

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, the way to cure this is to thake off the default on the 'save copy' option. People dont even see it and for every message they send they get a copy in their PM box.

S

Sammy

Originally posted by com
Ok, the way to cure this is to thake off the default on the 'save copy' option. People dont even see it and for every message they send they get a copy in their PM box.

Done ;)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... or even the "Request Read Receipt" that enables Message Tracking. That helps reduce the PM load A LOT.

S

Sammy

Originally posted by nameslave
... or even the "Request Read Receipt" that enables Message Tracking. That helps reduce the PM load A LOT.

Yes, both are off by default now. :)

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
Does "Request Read Reciept" affect PM load? I'd prefer it ON by default... it doesn't appear to affect my PM limit. I don't mind clicking on the "Save Copy" link (to save PM space by default), but the Read Reciept is kind of handy not to have on by default.

~ Nexus

S

Sammy

Originally posted by Nexus
Does "Request Read Reciept" affect PM load? I'd prefer it ON by default... it doesn't appear to affect my PM limit. I don't mind clicking on the "Save Copy" link (to save PM space by default), but the Read Reciept is kind of handy not to have on by default.

~ Nexus

RRR does not affect your PM limit but does cut down ever so slightly on the overall load. For now they will all be off by default.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nhlrat
RRR does not affect your PM limit but does cut down ever so slightly on the overall load. For now they will all be off by default.
Ah... it sounded like it was more YOUR problem than MINE (who hasn't felt much in the way of server sluggishness). ::: evil grin ::: Just kidding! Cool beans.

Best,
~ Nexus ;)

S

Sammy

Originally posted by Nexus
Ah... it sounded like it was more YOUR problem than MINE (who hasn't felt much in the way of server sluggishness). ::: evil grin ::: Just kidding! Cool beans.

Best,
~ Nexus ;)

lol....thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom