Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Point of parking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharn

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Greetigs,

i have one question and of course correct me if I am wrong.

9/10 Parking companies are using Google/Yahoo feed. To be more accurate - the most popular ones do - Sedo, ND, DS, Parked etc. (as far as i understood Hitfarm for instance is creating its own feed?)
Parking companies take a cut from the RPC that u generate and in return they give you what? - landing page?
Through the forum I have seen that lots of people are using MFA or AFD but a vast majority also uses DS and ND etc. Question is - what is the point of using Parking company when you can go directly to the source? (diversification is important but stil...)

Thank you for your replies in advance.

P.S.: If any one can tell (from top of this head) which parking company uses which feed it would also be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
going to the source, requires more work than just parking a domain.

that's one of the biggest reasons why many domainers use ppc services.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo use Google feed
Parked.com use Yahoo feed

going to the source, requires more work than just parking a domain.

that's one of the biggest reasons why many domainers use ppc services.

Biggedon said it right...when you have 1000+ domains you don't have the time to work on every name you own.

Last edited:

Pharn

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree. What about Adsense for Domains - same parking as other sites - the negatives that I see is that you can not track the statistics properly and landing pages are not very nice, but apart from that, shouldnt it be the primary parking place? instead of everything else?

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you give all the power to the big guys, they'll just eat you alive.

Each of us is really small thus we don't have any power to negotiate with big guys, but parking companies are all us together and can, in a way, stop the big guys from having a monopoly and do whatever they please.

Pharn

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True, with total of XX mil traffic you can better negotiate. But do you think that Google is providing better rev for partnered parked companies than to its direct costumers? (and by "customers" i mean domainer with cca 500k UV month)

DDC_Cyn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
An individual is not going to get the same ad deals from Yahoo or Google that a parking company can get.

It's like hiring a real estate agent to sell your house. You could do it yourself, but a pro should be able to get you enough additional money to cover her own commission and still have you coming out on top.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
True, with total of XX mil traffic you can better negotiate. But do you think that Google is providing better rev for partnered parked companies than to its direct costumers? (and by "customers" i mean domainer with cca 500k UV month)

when you start seeing domainers offering "traffic with revenue domains" for sale, and they post "Google parking stats" instead of Sedo, Parked, Ds, ND, Fab or others ....then i'll consider google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom