Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Points Donation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Need some input here .. (thoughts will do)

Seeing that the points are being traded and becoming a sought after currency for collectors of Dan Bux.

How about we start an auction of points for real money with the proceeds going to a chaity of the winning bidders choice.

A real charity not one that is not a registered Charity, with bids starting at say $1.00 and the auction finishing in say a 10 Day period at a certain time.

Whoever wins the last bid gets the points, plus the points that are added as the thread is added to, i myself and Goh will contribute the points that we have now, which is the top of the top 10 over 2300 Dan bux.

Any thoughts anybody ?

:yes:

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like this idea was a real bummer.

Not one response .. so nobody believes in charity...

What about if i sweeten the pot and offer a free domain name registration to the winning member ... does that make it any more appealing.

Huh.

:depressed

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry Americar I don't quite get it... :sad:

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AMERICAR
Looks like this idea was a real bummer. Not one response .. so nobody believes in charity... What about if i sweeten the pot and offer a free domain name registration to the winning member ... does that make it any more appealing. Huh.
:depressed

Don't be sad, Americar, you have a good heart(engine)?

I did not respond because:

1. I did not know what you mean by "A real charity not one that is not a registered Charity"

2. And I generally enjoy giving to a charity that I pick

3. Personally, I would rather see money from an auction go to help pay Dan's expenses, particularly as the number of people using this site (and the complexity thereof) grows.

Just my two cents. It is neat that you are thinking in such a charitable manner... perhaps the rest of us are just not as unselfish...
^
:)

...yet?

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Omni,

If you don't get it how is anybody else going to !

It would work something like this .. if a member bids $1.00 for the total amount of points that i have, and someone else bids $2.00 then at the end of 10 Days if the top bid was $10.00 i would give that member the total amount of points (Dan bux) that i have at that time, right now it is 2400, plus whoever wins can register a domain name at my expense (free registration)

In return the winner agrees to pay the amount of the winning bid, in this case $10.00 to charity.

Is that any clearer.

:)

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
much clearer. Don't think it's going to be a big enough sum for charity though... maybe for DnF it'll be better not sure :)

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Amendment !!! this offer would apply only to new registrations of.

.com, .net, .org. .info, ,biz .. no .tv or anything else over and above a normal registration fee.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Waste of typeing finger ... this offer has now expired.

Over finised out .

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I may resume this idea if there is some interest in it.

Any free registration that i supply would be through ...

www.dreamname.com

No where else .. it's to complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom