Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Offers Poker.in - .com was largest domain sale ever, .de the largest ccTLD sale ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's seeming more and more apparent lately just how powerful poker has become in terms of domains. In case there were still people living under a rock that didn't understand how big poker has become, Poker.com sold recently for a record $23 million (a ridiculous $11 million over Sex.com's sale, with sex largely considered the top domain word) and Poker.de just sold for €695,000, or approx. $937,000, marking the largest ccTLD sale ever.

Enter Poker.in...certainly not as good of an extension as .de, but India's economy is booming at a ridiculously high rate, and internet and gaming are inevitably going to boom as well. In March, the Asian Poker Classic marked the first $1 million poker tournament in India, and Goa is starting to become yet another gambling mecca in Asia (soon people will be saying "Las what?"). Despite gambling being largely illegal everywhere in India except Goa, with horseracing and lotteries being exceptions (gee, that sounds familiar), India represents the 9th largest gambling economy in the world, and if their overall economy indicates anything, it may go higher in the coming years.

Given these last 2 Poker.ext sales, I'm no longer putting a BIN on this name. Somebody just needs to wow me...I've already got a $50,000 offer (partially upfront, partially over time) and while there was a time when I'd accept that, I've told the offerer that $50k will simply not be enough anymore, even if all upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom