Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

poker.org sold for 1 MILLION $

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukrainian

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice sale. The highest in .org ever.

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Link for the lazy: http://techcrunch.com/2010/02/17/poker-org-sold-for-1-million-most-ever-for-org-domain/

Poker.ext holds records in at least a few extensions now. It'd have .de too with it's nearly $1 million sale a few years back if not for Credit.de recently. Amazing how a game has become a serious industry in and of itself to the point of commanding the highest prices in domains. The .com was rumored to be close to selling in the $20 millions a couple years back as well. .org for a million is about right for the price and hopefully now people start to take .org a little more seriously.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great .org domain sale.

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO they way over paid. The .org extension to me has always had a non-profit feel to it. Still congrats to the seller!!!

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice sale for the .org!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very nice sale...

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
great sale!

Stupid purchase price though! Frankly, even .BIZ would be better for this term, but we'll see. Poker instruction plus paid links would be an idea but not a $1M idea, I don't think! Maybe, seriously, there is a new poker industry association coming. That would be a good .org use but, again, $1M??! I think that Engineer.org was a roughly $750K deal back in the early days for a similar purpose, on the other hand.

ck89102

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stupid purchase price though! Frankly, even .BIZ would be better for this term, but we'll see. Poker instruction plus paid links would be an idea but not a $1M idea, I don't think! Maybe, seriously, there is a new poker industry association coming. That would be a good .org use but, again, $1M??! I think that Engineer.org was a roughly $750K deal back in the early days for a similar purpose, on the other hand.

Right, real "stupid." You have any idea what the house "hold" is per hand, per hour, per table?

D

Deleted member 111831

I agree that they overpaid but these guys have a trio of .org domains that go together quite nicely: blackjack.org poker.org and rakeback.org. They are also master poker webmasters and affiliates and know what they are doing. I don't think they necessarily know what they are doing when it comes to domaining - they probably should have hid their identity here and played hardball - probably could have saved a few hundred k at least - but I have no doubt they will be on the first page for 'poker' in short order and make this look like a very wise investment in time.

Definitely a great sale - but also a great acquisition for those guys, in spite of the high price they paid.

hopefully now people start to take .org a little more seriously.

Hopefully not, unless it is a word or term that is taken in literally every single extension and worth x,xxx,xxx+ in the .com. But they probably already take those seriously anyway, so...

Right, real "stupid." You have any idea what the house "hold" is per hand, per hour, per table?

Not that I disagree with you but this is going to be a portal, not a gambling site.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuntingMoon

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
these sales happen when you have a seller that does not really want or need to sell. most of the time these kind of fantasy numbers go unreported. nice deal all around.

Soofi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have POKER1.org, and I'm going to try and push it to them ;)
obviously for money lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom