I dislike the new DnForum. This is a poll to see if others agree. My thoughts are:
- Missing features - things I used to use, and like, are gone. For example the inbox was very clear, and I could save some messages easily for later reply; and keep folders. All gone; the things I had sorted into folders - its just tossed away. I have lost information and have lost time, too.
- Harder navigation - some things I cannot find, and some titles are not clickable, when they should be; forcing me to back to a whole subforum to get into a thread. Result: wasting time.
- The whole launch process was awkward. This is not a new service; a complete redo ought to be done as a parallel system, debugged, and then switched over. Done this way: time wasted again.
- Looks worse on a mobile (this was reported on the forum by one of dnf members)
- Imagine if the upgrade had been done in a very smooth way, debugged in a parallel system, with all bugs fixed and better nav and maybe some uniqueness to the interface; and maybe give free $dnf to everyone who posts the first month, a free domain contest, etc - you know, make it fun and be promotional - then it would have been more painless, and possibly even interesting.
- The interface seems to be very similar to NamePros. Are giving up our uniqueness? When a site is less unique, its all downhill from there.... might as well rename DNF, "NamePros2".
- I am still using it, giving it some effort; but my enthusiasm is not growing. Am I the only one? Hence this Poll. If others are not feeling it, not feeling the same enthusiasm, feeling disillusioned, or if they simply feel less efficient (and thus will use it less overall), then the result is: fewer sales.