Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Pool...account and scam issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moody

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I had an account with pool few yrs ago, I've backordered a domain name 1 yr ago and I couldnt pay for the domain at that time due to some cc issues with the bank, they suspended my acct, although it was the 1st time and i'v got some other names there.

The domain price was $60, Today I contacted them to unsuspend my account to be able to use it again, They replied with this:

Your Pool.com account was closed by our accounting department about one year ago due to non payment of two domains. Unfortunately one domain is no longer available, but the second - XXXXXX.NET, is still available. To remove the hold on your Pool.com account we must ask you to provide payment for XXXXXXX.net as follows.

Original auction price: $150
4 years renewal @ $25 per year: $100
$25 admin fee

Total owing to remove hold on your account = $275

If you are able to provide payment for this auction by credit card please let me know.

Thank you for using Pool.com

Regards,
1- They calim to be 2 domains, it's just 1 domain not 2.

2- "4 years renewal @ $25 per year: $100" huh? I never ever ask for domain renewal, and $25/yr for renewal? GREAT! < The domain currently set to expire: in 2009, so they didnt renew! and why for 4 yrs??

3- $25 admin fee< well, good enough!

4- I Declare, I dont want to be pool.com customer anymore for any reasons.

Be aware.

Yours

Thank you all, Thanks for NameJet & Thanks Snap!

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude, you didn't pay for your domains.....and waited 1 year to rectify the situation! Their terms may suck...but you dropped the ball first.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they are playing hardball.

Just for simplicity, I will round the numbers.

their cost -
$ 4.50 - initial cost.
$ 9.00 - 2 yrs renewal.
$ 10.00 - 2 yrs renewal.

total $ 23.50

Plus, they have been receiving the ppc revenue for the past 4-5 yrs.

However, they had a contract with you and you defaulted.
They can do whatever they want.

And, they clearly own the domain so they can charge whatever they want.
So, they are using that as the negotiating chip for your acct to be re-instated.

You have to "pay to play".

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Moody, ever heard of collections? There is this couple that moved to Michigan from Florida and eventually had a $300 fine over a $14 check that had bounced (by accident).

Vinnee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Business runs on cash flow.

Moody

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I Admitted it's my fault, I had an issue with issuer bank.

I'v no problem to pay the domain backorder fee which it was $60, not $150, this is the 1st point, 2nd one is why I've to pay for 4 yrs and i just ordered it last year? also they didnt renew it and it's set to 2009! so why they are asking for $$$ for nothing? 25/yr and they already didnt renew it nor i ask for that, ist forced stealling??

To Clarify it further more, As I've said, I've no problem with paying the backordering fee $60 + the so called $25 admin fee, but I will not pay that $100 for nothing!

Thanks again

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bidding on names and not paying is not looked upon well in this industry.
you admitted it was your fault...actually thats a great start ...now move forward.

GoodLuck,

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there something in their TOS that explains this extra charge? I know a lot of domain related companies that charge extra fees in similar instances such as this.

Thanks guys.

I Admitted it's my fault, I had an issue with issuer bank.

I'v no problem to pay the domain backorder fee which it was $60, not $150, this is the 1st point, 2nd one is why I've to pay for 4 yrs and i just ordered it last year? also they didnt renew it and it's set to 2009! so why they are asking for $$$ for nothing? 25/yr and they already didnt renew it nor i ask for that, ist forced stealling??

To Clarify it further more, As I've said, I've no problem with paying the backordering fee $60 + the so called $25 admin fee, but I will not pay that $100 for nothing!

Thanks again

Moody

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there something in their TOS that explains this extra charge? I know a lot of domain related companies that charge extra fees in similar instances such as this.

No, No term to be forced for 4 yrs renewal at $25

Only for the admin fee and the amount not specified in their terms.

In the event of non-payment, reversal of payment, or a charge back by a credit card company or other payment provider, in addition to any other remedies Pool.com may have, we may, in our sole discretion, take any of the following actions: (i) transfer any domain that you have acquired through the Pool.com service to Pool.com as the paying entity for the registration; (ii) delete the backordered domain; and (iii) suspend or terminate your account and any or all backordered domains. Pool.com reserves the right to charge an administration fee.

at http://www.pool.com/terms.aspx#7

To stewie:

Yes, I did, but please re-read the threade to know the whole story and btw, it was the 1st time to lose a domain due to a cc issue, however it was not my fault, it's the bank fault, but who cares.

Now we are talking why they want to force me for 4 yrs renewal that i didnt ask for nor they renewed the domain?

However, I've no interest in their services anymore.

Yours

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moody, I did read the whole thread, you screwd up and you admitted it. You don't have a leg to stand on. You are lucky you have a chance to get back with them at all... the extra charges are not an issue.. I personally would be more concerned if they were letting bad bidders/non payers back without some kind of penalty. If pool banned you and wouldn't let you back, I don't think anyone would agrue with that. The fact you have a chance to correct your mistake with a Fine/Penalty/25x4 renewal is a saving grace for you. You mention you lost this due to a Credit Card issue, but it took you a year to address it????

All that being said you admitted you made a mistake for that I give you credit. Now...pay up or let it go, this thread isn't doing your rep any good.

*so I did read the whole thing...The point you are missing is:

Companies like Pool and Sedo etc. have to protect other bidders and buyers and sellers.....those non paying bids hurts us all over and over again and its a problem for everyone who is buying and selling domains in those formats.

I don't think anyone here likes it when a person bids and doesn't pay. Okay credit card issues happen but a year later you are trying to correct it??? explain what took a year.

You said you don't want to be with Pool...then let it go!!! You were Wrong!!! What Pool does isn't really an issue.(unless it was nothing)

Sorry...those are my thoughts on this issue

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moody, send me the domain names and I will research it for you but if you were being charged for 4 years renewal it is because the domain was acquired 4 years ago on your backorder, not one year ago. But I would gladly look into the details.

Richard Schreier
CEO, Pool.com

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Surprised they held the name for that long...

Richard, how come you don't re-auction the names by non paying bidders?

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sometimes we do, it depends on how the auciton was bid-up. The auction can be easily gamed if two people bid it up at the last minute and then when the winner backs away, the legitimate winner is now the winner at one increment above the third place bidder, but there is a lot of bidding in between. So it really depends on the specific situation.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I was just curious because i have yet to see a name at pool get re-auctioned. I would hope if i was in an auction and the name was not sold that i would get that opportunity to bid again.

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Moody, still have not heard from you with the domain in question, has the problem been ironed out? As I said, send me the domain names and I'll research it for you.

Richard Schreier
CEO, Pool.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom