Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

pool auction results

Status
Not open for further replies.

D MARKS

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just won a name through the new 2 process auction. My guess is that I was the only one in both stages. Does anyone know if you are the only person to backorder a domain name through pool, do you automatically go through the auction process. My beef is that I should probably have gotten the site for only the $ 60 fee and not have had to pay more to get to the 2nd phase. It appears as if I was the only bidder when I look at the auction results. I will probably avoid Pool in the future, it appears this is another way to manipulate more money to them!

Just my 2 cents

THANKS
Don

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've purchased names via phase 2 at $60 and also without having to go through phase 2 (no auction) So as your domain did go through phase 2, there must have been at least one other bidder
(wasn't me though - i don't use pool anymore)

M

mole

D MARKS said:
it appears this is another way to manipulate more money to them!

That's nothing fundamentally wrong with making additional revenue. You just have got to be prepared to lose the name in this game if you feel the price is too high. And you will be probably right. There are a lot of crappy names that drop every day, and you actually have to convince yourself why the hell you need that substandard name. And just because it's registered before doesn't not make it any special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom