Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

pool auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was just sitting here and thinking...
you know how pool once it gets a domain and there are more people after it, they go to an auction.
Do we really know If we are actually bidding against somebody else, or, we could be bidding against someone working for pool!

ok, so we can wait and check whois later, but that doesnt say much, they could easily setup 50 different accounts somewhere and we will never know.

Of course, that's for the 'super' domains.

I am not accusing pool of this, I am just wondering what you all think about it.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not only pool, any other bidding system.
But I really don`t belive that they do that?
But that know`s only pool!

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Valid question, but if they got caught, their reputation would be out the window. I really do not believe they would chance this with their success rate.

-Bob

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
true, thats a good point, but it is virtually impossible to catch 'them'.
Imagine, once they see a price of a specific domain, for example, go above a pre set price, they then manually divert that into another database, let call it 'interesting domains' and then manually choose which to keep for future sales.
In other words, the entire user base of those sites is doing the work for screening the domains...

ok, so I do have an active imagination, but still...
:)

mantra

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, i hear you ... if there was a hot 3-letter domain or even a hot generic dotcom, wouldn't pool rather grab that for themselves, instead of fetching it off for a couple of grand ..

just something to think about ..

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
since you brought it up, let me tell you all what got me started thinking about this...
I got a pool backorder for 'ths.net'
3 letter (all letter) .net.

the final auction price?
well over $1335
Now I know a domain is worth whatever one is willing to pay for it, but a simple 3 character .net for that much?
Then I should have an easy $30000 sitting right here! :)

it made me think 'someone' was bidding with the rest of us, and whoever that someone was, got it...
--
imagination disclaimer applies as usual.

sitehq

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i was offered aname i was outbid on, but the high bidder didnt come through, i thought i should only have to pay the proxy i would have had to pay if no one bid against me, not my max bod.

i'd say this system isnt foolproof.

page Howe

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom